Website CEEW - Council on Energy, Environment and Water
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Designation offered: Graphic Designer – Consultant (this is a full-time position)
Location: New Delhi, India
Reporting to: Senior Communications Specialist
Duration: 1-year contract extendable on mutual agreement and work satisfaction.
Looking for design mavericks plugged into contemporary design sensibilities and tools. Someone with strong visualisation, delivery and teamwork ethics to enrich and elevate CEEW’s outreach efforts and collaterals to mainstream sustainability.
We invite applications from experienced graphic designers (minimum 2 years of work experience) in a full-time graphic design capacity. You will initiative and deliver for CEEW’s Outreach (communications) team well-designed infographics, digital creatives, and create house styles to develop a distinct brand identity of a young, energetic think tank that is mainstreaming sustainability with the help of data and integrated, inclusive and human-centred research.
You will help develop multimedia outreach for government, industry, media, think tanks as well as citizen stakeholders through reports, fact sheets, social media campaigns, and digital creatives, that score high on user engagement.
Deliverables and responsibilities
- Develop contemporary design styles for digital and print collaterals.
- Produce infographics for CEEW’s research, and a range of offline and online creatives for SM platforms like Instagram, Linkedin, twitter and new emerging platforms, to make our data and analysis more accessible to a range of stakeholders across real and virtual outreach and dissemination platforms.
- Reimagine and execute current e-templates for newsletters, invites, emailers and posters.
- Conceptualise and deliver clean and attractive data-led infographics in collaboration with a data visualiser and researchers, as well as campaigns.
- Lead on design ideation for existing and new digital and print collaterals as well as knowledge merchandise.
- Assist with design and layout tasks as required
- Maintain current knowledge about the latest data viz techniques, applications and software requirements and build this knowledge within the team
- Brainstorm creative design ideas to aid CEEW’s outreach and execute them.
- Provide support during CEEW events and other Outreach responsibilities as called upon.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities above, the individual should be prepared, as and when necessary, to take on additional responsibilities.
- Preferable – a PG diploma or degree in commercial art, graphic design. And/or certificates in design software use, and desktop publishing.
- Two plus years’ hands-on, and extensive design experience in producing infographics, data visualisation, posters, reports, illustrations, and digital creatives and animation.
- Knowledge and execution of contemporary design aesthetics and up-to-date with emerging trends in design
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier
- Experience with Sketch and/or Figma
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Adobe XD is a plus
- Excellent understanding of human-centred design
- Reasonable communication skills. Knowledge and ability to work with Hindi fonts will be a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to manage responsibilities independently.
The position needs a person with
- A strong design aesthetic and execution finesse.
- Experience in infographic making.
- Advanced-use level expertise in using Indesign, Photoshop, AI, Excel sheet conversions, data visualisation tools such as Tableau, and so on.
- Skill with creating illustrations and graphic drawings will be an advantage.
- You need to be solution-oriented, detail-oriented and committed to adhering to timelines.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
If you are interested, please share the following in a pdf:
Your portfolio + a cover letter explaining your interest in the role + your updated CV and send it to email@example.com with ‘Application for Graphic Designer’ as the subject line. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We will review applications on a rolling basis, so we advise interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.
To apply for this job please visit www.ceew.in.