Website CPPR - Center for Public Policy Research
Centre for Public Policy Research: CPPR is a public policy think-tank based in Kochi that works in the areas of research promotion, knowledge dissemination and capacity building. We have a talent pool from various parts of the country, who are experienced in handling socio-economic research projects. CPPR believes in engaging the right individuals for its initiatives and efforts in the area of public policy. We therefore welcome people who have a penchant for public policy and display unique skill sets and managerial capacities to work as part of our team.
Job Title: Associate
Salary: As per industry standards
Scope of Position: Responsibility to ideate and execute research projects and research papers.
● Contributes towards ideation
● Responsible for generating content of all projects and research initiatives within the domain
● Responsible for assisting the supervisor in completion of all programmatic activities (Research and Projects)
● Responsible for coordinating public events like workshops, conclaves, seminars etc. which have been assigned by the Research officer.
● Responsible for management of internship programs
● Ensure that data collected through research tools is complete, accurate and comprehensive
● Interpret and analyze policies, public issues, legislation, and/or the operations of governments, businesses, and organizations.
● Consult with government officials, civic bodies, chambers of commerce and industries, research agencies, the media, political parties, and others concerned with the subject
● Maintain current knowledge of government policy decisions with respect to the research subject.
● Evaluate programs and policies related to the subject.
● Reviewing and analysing media coverage, public opinion surveys and expert opinions from subject matter experts, government representatives and political consultants.
● Present research results by writing reports, giving presentations, and publishing articles
● Develop and test theories, using information from interviews, newspapers, periodicals, case law, historical papers, polls, and/or statistical sources
● Develop content for the courses on the research areas that can be run through CPPR academy
Qualifications and Experience:
● Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree in the area of International Relations
● Who follows the regional and global defense and security developments
● Understanding about India’s Foreign Relations in the changing landscape in recent times
● Basic understanding about international commerce & trade
● Writing and articulation skills
● Understanding about IR institutions and IR think tanks
● Fluent in English. Working knowledge of Hindi or any regional language would be an added advantage
● Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet
● Interested in interacting with people and good networking skills
● Good analytical and organisational skills
● Proactive problem solver with demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
● Organised and capable of multitasking with a high level of attention to detail
CPPR has a repertoire of Indian and international professionals including researchers, academicians, technocrats, industry leaders and influencers. Perks include learning with a team which is a mixture of youth and well experienced vibrant team. National as well as international travel is an important aspect of our work at CPPR.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.