Website eGovernements Foundation
About The Job
eGovernments Foundation has embarked on a new mission to catalyse an open digital ecosystem around sanitation. The sanitation mission is in the early phase and working closely with stakeholders, our mission is to reduce untreated waste to zero in 1000 habitats in 1000 days. Initially the sanitation mission will cover faecal sludge management (FSM) and solid waste management (SWM) and will extend to cover other waste streams in future.
The Sanitation Consultant will work with the eGov Sanitation mission Team to provide technical assistance for the implementation of this mission including sanitation program approaches, inputs to the product roadmap and monitoring and evaluation mechanisms. S/he will also assist in the quality review of key deliverables.
- In depth knowledge of Programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for various sanitation related programs in India including SBM, WASH related initiatives etc.
- Knowledge of global programs within the sanitation domain.
- Essential Technical Knowledge of theories, principles and methods in one or more of the following areas:
- Urban sanitation systems including networked and non- network sanitation in India, Solid Waste Management etc.
- Knowledge of technologies used in the Sanitation domain to solve problems, ability to identify problems and work with a cross functional team in devising solutions.
- Support identification relevant stakeholders for sanitation mission-related engagement and dissemination activities and engage with local and national stakeholders to create a shared narrative
- Participate in partner engagement and support technical discussions to develop the programme theory of change and provide inputs for the product roadmap
Who you are
You are deeply motivated to create a transparent, responsive and accountable public environment in India. You will do whatever it takes to create that impact. You are someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, simplifies complexities and can communicate clearly.
We believe that you have the below skills:
- 8-10 years experience in the sanitation domain, preferably in the Indian context;
- Relevant experience includes expertise in sanitation service delivery, innovative, sanitation solutions in urban areas.
- Hands-on experience strengthening government, non-government, and community capacity to address sanitation issues and improve the delivery of sanitation services, including ODF activities.
- An understanding of technology as applied to solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to provide mentoring support and working effectively, remotely
To apply for this job please visit egov.org.in.