Website The Better India
About The Better India With a vision to use the power of the internet, media, and positive storytelling to drive large-scale change, The Better India is Asia’s largest impact-media platform, reaching over 200 million people every month with stories of unsung heroes, changemakers, trailblazers, and innovators from the grassroots of India who are making India a better place. The platform drives large-scale impact across the country thanks to its massive community of readers and a powerful and positive story-telling approach. S.H.E, a A combined initiative by The Better India and TATA Communications’ CSR team, aims to use inspiration and education to empower women from rural India to become entrepreneurs.
Are you excited about empowering the youth? Do you love social media? Are you a leader? This role is for you. The Better India is looking for young Fellows who will work on one of its largest CSR efforts and will be responsible for managing micro-communities for youth/participants. The micro-communities will be created on digital mediums such as Facebook and WhatsApp.
1. Designation: Fellow
2. No of position: 5
3. Duration: 3 months each (the tenure may get extended based on the project progress)
4. Fellow’s stipend: 20 thousand per month
5. Educational Qualification and Experience: Any Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or higher. Candidates having experience in the development sector, previous experience in online community management, or volunteered in managing groups or leadership will be added advantage. Preference will be given to female candidates.
6. Location: Bihar
7. Language: Hindi and English
1. The fellow will be responsible for managing the micro-communities on WhatsApp and Facebook, enabling conversation, self-initiated mentorship, and more.
2. The fellow will be responsible for creating and sharing content.
3. The fellows will be responsible to ensure sustained interaction and engagement, among the participants. They will also be responsible for sharing ideas about creating the content which will be shared with the participants which will help them to engage themselves.
4. The fellow must have a strong design sense and should be able to work on creating communication collateral on platforms such as Canva.
5. The respective group fellows will coordinate and co-facilitate the online sessions where required.
6. The fellows will be responsible for communicating information and providing updates to the participants.
7. The selected fellow will have prior context and experience with the given project region, (Bihar) and will have a specific interest in empowering female communities.
8. The fellows should be passionate about helping the youth to find their career paths, motivating the youth to study further.
To apply for this job please visit thebetterindia.freshteam.com.