Website INNOVATION FOUNDATION
Purpose of the role:
– To further the equity of Innovation Foundation by driving impact through the Scale-Up Program and conceptualizing new programs towards innovation.
Qualifications and experience:
– CA / CFA / MBA in Finance or equivalent degree
– 3-4 years in management consulting / venture capital / start-up accelerator or incubator
Key Deliverables of the role:
1. Scale-Up Program Portfolio Manager
– Entrepreneurs, Internal Senior Members, External Senior Industry Professionals and other ecosystem players in the start-up and innovation ecosystem.
– Manage the overall efficiency and impact generated for each organization in the member’s scale-up portfolio and continuously enhance MIF’s brand equity in the innovation ecosystem:
– Scout, evaluate and on-board high-potential innovative organizations onto the Scale-Up Program
– Closely manage cohort and mentor engagements to deliver quantifiable impact for organizations (incl. revenue, process optimizations, etc.) in line with the annual goals for MIF
– Continually engage in business reviews of the cohort organizations to identify new challenge areas as well as validate / recommend new ideas and improvement plans to enable the organization’s growth
– Build and maintain relevant partnerships within the start-up and innovation ecosystem (Eg: Venture Capital Firms, Incubators, Govt. bodies, Accelerators) as well as industry leaders with an aim to improve sourcing, access and strategic mentorship for cohort
– Seek to create new processes / initiatives under the Scale-Up Program to improve overall efficiency and performance.
2. Finance and CSR Lead:
Key stakeholders: Finance Team, Compliance Team, CSR Team
– Lead execution of finance function to ensure timely and efficient functioning of accounting practices in line with policy including but not limited to budgeting, MIS, donation management, payments and annual filings
– Lead the CSR and financial reporting of various MIF initiatives to respective authorities
– Continually analyse and strive to improve the finance processes across MIF
3. New Programs Towards Innovation:
– Internal MIF Team, External Senior Industry Professionals and other ecosystem players in the start-up and innovation ecosystem.
– Further the innovation agenda of MIF by conceptualizing new programs that support innovations at a sectoral level
– Interested in, engaged with and understanding of the start-up and innovation ecosystem in India
– Ability to identify opportunities for start-ups- growth; understanding of financial and business and operational metrics of early-stage start-ups
– Understanding of business strategies and/or diagnosis of business performance
– Collaborative mindset and open to new ideas
– Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
– Proficient with the use of MS Office
Skills and Competencies:
– Ability to function diligently with minimal supervision
– Ability to meaningfully and judiciously engage with senior leadership / stakeholders
– Ability to work with multiple teams within and externally
– Structured verbal and written communication skills
– Reports to Scale-Up Program Manager – Innovation Foundation
The future of the Incumbent:
– Opportunity to work with diverse innovations/entrepreneurs, industry stalwarts and experts to build strong business perspectives
– Opportunity to create exciting new initiatives to help scale innovations and generate a positive impact in India
To apply for this job please visit www.iimjobs.com.