Website Politics for Impact
Politics for Impact is a capacity-building organization working at the confluence of policy and politics, to empower political leaders to manage their constituencies effectively by working on solving issues affecting their constituents. We aid political leaders in keeping abreast of local, regional and national political landscapes.
PFI actively engages with young and dynamic public representatives working for the welfare of their constituents, by engaging with various stakeholders including non-profits, think tanks, media houses, student bodies, labour unions. We provide support to elected leaders to aid them in performing their legislative duties and create reforms in the public policy of the country. In the process, we aim to shape young policy and political leaders who will transform politics and policy in India.
WHAT DOES THE POLITICS FOR IMPACT INTERNSHIP ENTAIL?
Assisting Members of Parliament in their legislative work for the upcoming Budget session. Interns will gain first-hand experience at the confluence of politics and policy-making. The work includes:
- Legislative Research
- Data Analysis
- Making Parliamentary Questions
- Framing speeches for parliamentary interventions
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Creating inputs for editorials and news snippets for publication
- All interns will receive an Internship Certificate from Telugu Desam Party MPs.
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION
- MP’s seek to engage with pro-active individuals having passion to work in the field of policy-making.
- Completed undergraduate degree (or) in the final year of undergraduate degree.
- Individuals must be between the ages of 18 and 25 years. Exceptions for the upper age limit could be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Prior experience with policy or legislative research may be desirable but not mandatory at all.
- Working for 8-12 weeks as an intern is mandatory. (15-20 hours per WEEK)
- Must have a computer & functioning internet connection, as the internship is mostly online at the moment.
Interested individuals shall fill the Google Form before 12th June 2022 (11:59pm). However, we are hiring on a rolling basis, so the earlier you submit, the better your chances. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their responses & will be informed about the status of their application by 15th June via email from email@example.com. If you haven’t received such an email from us, please check your email spam folder.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.