Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
The Graphic Design Intern will assist the Marketing and Communications team in conceptualizing and designing the Teach For India brand through digital marketing and print collaterals. This position is an opportunity for young individuals to get a holistic sense of the powerful role that design plays in communication strategy and garner exposure to a wide array of differentiated design projects.
The National Communications team at Teach For India consider ourselves the custodians of the brand. We handle everything related to brand communications, marketing, events, PR, design, merchandising or any element that authentically captures what Teach For India stands for. We innovate, create and optimize every aspect of communication in the hope that we can inspire an entire collective of changemakers to provide an excellent education to all children.
On a daily basis, we collaborate and thought partner to come up with new ideas to generate creative content and publish it across digital media, listen to stories and capture them across formats, think of all the platforms we can tap into to amplify these inspiring stories and design activations to immerse people in the Teach For India experience.
- Create digital and print creatives for Teach For India.
- Assist in developing a diverse design language and templates that are unique to platforms while keeping in mind the brand manual.
- Use visuals as a powerful medium for storytelling.
- Be a design custodian while ensuring that all touchpoints are in line with the creative vision and ensuring that the designs are consistent across all of our online and offline communications.
- Assist in conceptualizing, directing, executing, producing, and troubleshooting all aspects of design initiatives.
- Continually maintain awareness of customer behaviour towards design to optimize engagement.
- Illustrate ideas in various looks and styles, and quickly translate content into visuals.
- Have a basic understanding of print and vendor management.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.