Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
This exciting internship offers the opportunity to be part of the Teach for India head office team for 2 months. By joining our team, your valuable contribution will help us in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
The role will be responsible for supporting the national team to build our funding base in order to support the organization’s ambitions growth plans. The Development Intern will assist the team with many varied projects through the entire donor stewardship cycle – from prospect research to assisting with proposal and grant writing, supporting with a variety of reporting requirements and also helping with the operational work. However, the role can go much beyond stewardship – including looking for new and creative avenues for funding.
The position represents an excellent opportunity for learning and professional growth. The Development Team is committed to helping you to develop a range of transferable skills that will help you to succeed in your future career. Throughout the internship, you will receive support from our team to give you exposure to different experiences and improve your employability
The successful candidate will be characterized by possessing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, strong analytical and visual ideation and experience in using MS Office Suite. These abilities are paramount for success!
This position will be given some ownership of projects and streams of work, depending on capability demonstrated, allowing for valuable personal growth and satisfaction.
This is a full-time, paid position.
The Development team is responsible for raising funds for the operations of Teach For India. Development is one of the critical backbones of the organizations as the organization is completely dependent on donations in its current form. The Development team needs to be abreast with everything happening in the organization and the education sector as a lot of time is spent in creating and maintaining relationships with external stakeholders.
The national team also provides tools and support to individual cities and the Expansion team in its fundraising efforts.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- In depth research and scoping of potential donors.
- Leading research projects on various spheres connected to Development – researching creative new avenues of fundraising.
- Assist with preparing and copy editing of funding proposals and donor reports.
- Provide donor relationship stewardship support to the larger team.
- Assist the team with regular operational and organizational functions.
- This is also an opportunity for the intern to gain valuable organizational exposure and experience and as such, the Development Team is happy to support the candidate’s specific areas of interest in work as far as we can
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Minimum Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- The minimum qualification that we look for is a Graduate degree.
- Applicants should be looking to develop their current skills and be open to learning new things
- Be creative and bring fresh ideas to Teach for India
- Be passionate about Teach for India’s mission and values.
- Have strong interpersonal skills with a professional yet friendly manner of communicating
- Strong analytical and visual ideation
- Be a confident verbal and written communicator
- Possess scoping and research capabilities- proactively seek new information from multiple sources and synthesize findings in an easy-to-digest format for the rest of the team.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and produce accurate work to a high standard
- Be comfortable with constantly changing scenarios and a high stress environment
- Be able to work as part of a team but also able to use your initiative and manage your own workload
Nature of internship: Full- time
Committment required: 2-4 months
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.