Website Learning Companions
Positions – 1
Job type – Full time
Location – Nagpur
At Learning Companions we are working to create education leaders who work to create effective, engaging and inclusive learning spaces for children from marginalized communities. Our mission is to transform the education landscape of Vidarbha (Maharashtra) in the next 10 years by creating about 150 education leaders through ‘Learning Companions Fellowship’ and supporting and collaborating with another 150 education leaders at different levels in schools, NGOs, government or private spaces. Through this movement, we aim to reach about 20,000 children and develop a generation of learners who are aware of their interests, values and develop a set of skills that will enable them to pursue their passion.
In the process, we will help passionate and talented fresh graduates from Nagpur to develop the set of 21st century skills necessary for solving complex social problems and leading the people and change for creating impact in the education sector. It will enable the youth to find best opportunities for work and create a proud, satisfying career. Being part of learning companions means developing the most relevant skills and opening the doors of opportunities for a brighter future while contributing to a meaningful social cause.
Associate – Program Development and Communications will be working closely with the leadership team of Learning Companions, supporting the leadership team in a wide range of responsibilities including preparing proposals and concept notes, preparing outreach collaterals like posters and social media posts, closing conversation loop with supporters and partners by sharing reports, documents as per the requirement, participating in the training plans, different documentation structures etc. It will be a great opportunity for someone to understand very closely the different aspects of running an NGO, documentation, communication management and program development. We are looking for young leaders who are passionate about working in the education sector and looking forward to the experience of building an organization or program.
- Work closely with the leadership team to manage documentation and communications in the organization
- Assistance in compilation of data and reports
- Preparing outreach collaterals
- Follow-up conversations and tasks with supporters related to donations, visits, reports etc
- Management of volunteering and internship projects in the organization, helping the volunteers and interns understand their tasks and work productively
Expected Skills and Qualifications:
- Basic understanding of google sheets/excel and other office tools
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of writing reports, social media collaterals, presentations
- Passionate about data collection, documentation
- Able to write proficiently in one or more of the 3 languages – English, Marathi and Hindi
- Preferably experience of working with Canva, Adobe or any other designing tools
- 1.8 lpa – 2.4 lpa negotiable based on location, needs and experience
Interest form – Please fill this quick form if this opportunity looks interesting and relevant for you. Registered candidates will be provided support through the process of application if required.
Step 1 – Application – If you have understood the role properly and if you are ready to apply, please submit the application form by March 20th, 2022. We might request you for a telephonic conversation if we need clarifications on some of the details shared by you.
Step 2 – Interview – Selected candidates will be called for a round of virtual or in-person interviews. Final selection would be based on performance in the interview round.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.