Website Project Concern International
Position Title: District Coordinator Cum Counsellor
Project: Gender Transformative Model
No. of Positions: 02
Reporting Line: Program Manager
Location (District based): Kandhmal & Deogarh, Odisha
About Project Concern International India:
PCI, a Global Communities Partner has been working in India since 1998 with the Mission to empower people to enhance health, end hunger, overcome hardship and advance women and girls. PCI, a Global Communities Partner, envisions a world in which the most vulnerable people will have the power to lift themselves out of poverty and to create vital, healthy lives for their families and communities now and for the future.
PCI works with the government as well as social actors to create an enabling environment to improve and activate the social position of marginalized populations, especially women and girls, as well as strengthen convergent actions on the ground. Knowledge and evidence-based decision making, and data-driven management have been a trademark of our programs in India. For over two decades, PCI has maintained a diverse portfolio in India, with a presence in more than one-fifth of all districts in the country, reaching over 10 million people in 2019 alone. PCI’s health, gender, and community development programming focuses on low-income, vulnerable, and hard-to-reach populations, especially adolescent girls, women of reproductive ages and children. By integrating its community mobilization and empowerment approaches into the government strategies and systems, PCI is helping to ensure that millions of vulnerable women, children, families, and communities throughout India have the ability to advocate for, access and utilize quality health, nutrition, and empowerment services and information for generations to come.
Please visit our website to learn more about our work in India.
About the Project:
PCI has been engaged by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to implement a 2-year project in Odisha that seeks to achieve the integration of gender with the programming of Odisha State Rural Livelihood Mission (OLM) in select blocks of 20 districts, subsequent to a pilot project implemented in two districts during 2019-21. The project will address gender inequalities by focusing on the following areas: a) Ensuring freedom of women from discrimination, atrocities and violence, b) Ensuring women’s access to their social protection, rights, and entitlements, c) Strengthening the identity of women and women-led community-based institutions and d) Creating Institutions of Women for Sustaining Change.
PCI currently has a field team of DCCs, and state team based in Bhubaneshwar (Odisha) led by a Project Director. These positions are based at district level to manage the scale up interventions of the project with support from DMMU of OLM. The person will work in close association with the concerned DMMU & BMMU (District Mission Management Unit & Block Mission Management Unit) of OLM and extend all support as per the requirement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position is open for women candidates only. She will be placed at district level and will be also responsible for all gender related interventions in the assigned districts operations as mentioned below:
- Develop monthly district/block/GPLF plan to achieve the targeted interventions of the project.
- Provide handholding support to Gender CRPs, GPPs, CRP-CMs, MBKS in her assigned districts in achieving the targeted interventions as planned in the AAP.
- Coordinate and guide the Gender CRPs in providing counselling to the women in distress, linking them with Government and other institutions for accessing their rights and entitlements.
- Provide Supportive supervision to Gender CRP on reporting and documentation.
- Liaison with assigned DMMU, BMMU, state GTM team and other related departments for better convergence.
- Extend support to community carders for strengthening SAC and GFMs at CLF and GPLF level.
- Accountable for capacity building of cadres for roll out of GSLP, conducting GFM, community events and its reporting & documentation.
- Use different procedures such as case study, mental status examination, behaviour therapy, positive reinforcement etc. to support the survivors of atrocities, discrimination, and violence.
- Prepare MPRs, reports and documents, to highlight project’s progress as per the requirement.
- Participation in review and planning meeting of SWAYAM and DMMU from time to time.
- Any other duties as assigned by DPM and SWAYAM Project.
- Master’s in Social Work / Social Science / Psychology
- At least 3 years of experience in counselling.
- Prior experience of working in social sector or State Rural Livelihood Mission or National Rural Livelihood Mission would be added advantage
- Good understanding in MS Office
- Effective English & Odia written and oral communication skills
Interested candidates can apply for the Position of District Coordinator Cum Counsellor by 12th June 2022,5:00 pm.
To apply for this job please visit projectconcernindia.org.