Website American India Foundation
Position: Advocacy Manager
Location: Mumbai (Local Candidate Preferred)
Reporting to: Project Lead
Duration: 11 months
Nature of Employment: Contractual
About American India Foundation
The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 9.2 million lives across 29 states of India. Learn more at www.AIF.org
About AIF Livelihoods Programs
AIF works closely with the public and private sector to create inclusive and sustainable livelihoods for individuals, families, and communities across India with a long-term goal of equalizing the informal and formal sectors to provide equitable opportunities for all citizens.
The Market Aligned Skills Training (MAST) provides underprivileged youth with skills training and access to formal employment opportunities. It addresses the systemic imbalance between millions of the country’s disadvantaged youth lacking education and basic skills, and its growing industries in need of a skilled workforce. Working closely with employers, to develop market-aligned curricula that meets the need of the industry across the country, AIF provides a three-month vocations training and workplace readiness program to underprivileged young people to empower them with the knowledge and skills needed for employment and success. MAST promotes increased participation of women in the workforce through appropriate skilling and gender mainstreaming. It also promotes entrepreneurship cultureamongst women thus making it aspirational to the population at the bottom of the pyramid.
Ability-Based Livelihood Empowerment (ABLE) trains persons with disabilities in fundamental and specialized skillsets and facilitates their entry into the job market through a robust advocacy platform for disability inclusion, promoting inclusive growth in India. With specialized curriculum development for the visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopedically impaired, the program combines assistive technologies and workplace solutions with career counselling while building capacity of NGOs across India to ensure equal opportunities for all persons with disabilities. Cumulatively, both these programs have benefitted over 1,40,000 individuals with over 1,00,000 having gained employment across 23 States of India. From among those benefitted, 41% are women and over 17,000 (12%) are persons with disabilities.
About The Project
Project SAMEIP (SBI Foundation and Microsoft India Employability Initiative for Persons with Disabilities) is a pioneering collaborative initiative of SBI Foundation and Microsoft India, to enable career pathways for underserved young Persons with Disabilities in the digitally transformed BFSI sector.
Envisioned to create an enabling ecosystem, this three-year project aims to influence the BFSI sector to adopt inclusion policies resulting in increased hiring, retention and successful career opportunity for PwDs. It aims to build and enhance focus on advocacy to enable the BFSI ecosystem to become disability inclusive. This project aims to enable the BFSI ecosystem in India to become more inclusive through collaborative engagement and result-oriented advocacy with corporates, Government and partners of SBI & Microsoft, to facilitate long term career development of young persons with disabilities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
• Manages relationships with Corporates in and around the deputed location and deeply engage with them.
• Onboard Corporates through the Pledge to Disability Inclusion Campaign.
• Provide ongoing support to corporates to facilitate processes, systems, policies, disability sensitization, job mapping, etc. to enable them to move towards inclusion of PWDs in their workforce
• Create the pool of corporates for participating in the roundtables and other engagement initiatives.
• Based on feedback received by the retention tracking team, provide necessary inputs and support to candidates and employers
• Manage and present the location-specific data of advocacy initiatives and mapping with the targeted outcomes.
• Support the location-specific training center in connecting with like-minded and aligned corporates.
• Any location-specific coordination work as allocated by the Project Lead for successful completion of the project and related events.
Desired Candidate Profile.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing advocacy campaign and corporate relation, preferably for PwDs.
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel).
• Well informed of PwD market trends, employer needs and best practices in inclusive career services.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
• Possesses a variety of skill sets including time management, multi-tasking, inter-personal and problem-solving ability.
• Consistently approaches work with positive energy and a constructive attitude.
• A team player who is supportive, flexible and ready to take on additional tasks and lead a team.
• Ability to work independently with large volumes of data with initiative.
• Ability to work with across teams and supervisors.
• Responds positively to feedback and respects diverse point of views.
• Graduate / Post Graduate degree in Commerce/Science/Social Work.
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with subject line “Advocacy Manager (Livelihoods)-Mumbai”.
Last day to apply: 31st August 2022 Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org