Website 60 Decibels
60 Decibels Analyst (India)
60 Decibels is a tech-powered impact measurement company that makes it easy to listen to the people who matter most. We’ve been in business as an independent entity since early 2019, when we spun out of the global Impact Investor Acumen. We believe that the best way to understand social impact is by talking to the people experiencing that impact. It sounds obvious when you say it, but that is not the typical practice for many impact investors, corporations and foundations working to create social change.
We collect social impact data directly from beneficiaries (customers / employees / suppliers) using our network of 1000+ trained research assistants in 75+ countries. We do it quickly and without the fuss typically associated with measuring social impact. Our research assistants speak directly to customers to understand their lived experience; and our team turns all this data into benchmarked social performance reports, with accompanying insights, to help our clients demonstrate and improve social performance.
By making impact measurement simple, scalable, and comparable, we not only enable organizations to improve their products and services; we also help transform what it means to credibly measure impact, ensuring that the voices of those who matter most are always part of the story. If you’re similarly passionate about our mission and excited about the opportunity to help grow a dynamic business, we’re looking for an Analyst to join our team.
About the role: Analyst
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven, B2B company working with the world’s leading impact investors, companies, foundations and non-profits who are looking to create positive social impact.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
• Contribute to multiple client projects, ensuring high quality output, great client engagement, and timely delivery – contributing directly to the achievement of our organizational goals.
• Provide input to new survey products with the aim of collecting actionable feedback that will help social enterprises grow their business and impact.
• Manage the team of research assistants during data collection and project execution.
• Conduct analysis and create reports that tell a compelling story and provide actionable insights for clients.
• Model our company values, particularly as related to the competencies required for end-to-end project execution.
• Model and encourage proactive and effective communication across the team.
• Support fellow team members with workflow and execution.
About You: First and foremost, you bring compassion and dedication to this work because it matters to you.
Other characteristics that will help you succeed in this role and be a great cultural fit: you have a bias towards action—you get your hands dirty—and you actively tackle problems in ways that lead to great outcomes. You successfully balance flexibility and rigor, and embrace taking strategic risks and growing from mistakes. Ultimately, you are eager to do the work to build something new and (we hope) important to the world.
We also expect that most candidates will have had the following experiences / attributes. If your experience set differs, but you think you’re the right person for the job, say that in your application.
• 0-2 years of relevant professional experience; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Excellent mathematical and/or research skills.
• Experience making data-driven decisions and synthesizing information.
• Excellent project management competence: timely delivery, high quality output, great communication.
• Comfort in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; ability to prioritize and multi-task.
• A quick learner when It comes to new software. We use a combination of StatsIQ, Qualtrics, Airtable and all the standard Microsoft tools.
• Demonstrated interest in or commitment to tackling global development and social challenges.
About our team and our culture: we are a fun and hardworking global team that is full of smart, mission-driven folks who combine an entrepreneurial spirit with a commitment to make a positive change in the world.
We consistently hear from our clients that the best thing about 60 Decibels is the people. To get a feel for our slightly nerdy, not-take-ourselves-too-seriously vibe, check out our monthly newsletter, The Volume.
Interested in applying?
Location: The Analyst position will work in our Bengaluru office in India.
Compensation: 60 Decibels offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a flexible, fun and supportive environment.
Application: To apply please fill out this application form where you will be asked to upload:
1. Your resume
2. Two short written answers in which you respond to the following questions:
a. Question 1: Why do you want to work at 60 Decibels?
b. Question 2: Describe a project that you did recently that really excited you. What was your role in that project and why was it exciting for you?
We’re excited to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit 60db.typeform.com.