About Ashoka University: Ashoka University is a private, nonprofit university. An unprecedented example of collective public philanthropy in India, it is a pioneer in its focus on the Liberal Arts. The University offers undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across the humanities, social sciences and fundamental natural sciences. The aim is to help students become well rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become ethical self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service. Ashoka has built collaborations with University of Pennsylvania, University of Michigan, Carleton College, King’s College London, Sciences Po, UC Berkeley, Trinity College Dublin and Yale University among others. To learn more about Ashoka University visit http://ashoka.edu.in
About the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP): Along with its robust academic programme, the University is home to Centres of Excellence that address critical areas of relevance to society, and India in particular. These include the Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy (CSIP), which is the pioneering Centre in India for research and capacity-building towards the advancement of social impact. The Centre’s research is focused on critical topics in social impact and philanthropy, with emphasis on applied research.
About the Role: Centre for Social Impact and Philanthropy is looking for an Assistant Manager – Convening, to build and strengthen networks among its key constituents and to ensure the widest dissemination of its research and knowledge products. The candidate should have the flexibility to work on multiple projects, display a natural aptitude for partnering with different organisations, planning events and a demonstrated expertise in external communications.
Responsibilities: The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and overseeing the execution of all CSIP’s convening activities including roundtables, lecture series and a marquee annual event.
- Building a network of resource people, facilitators, mentors etc. in the sector to provide support to the Centre’s programmes.
- Managing relationships with funders and key stakeholders for convenings
Eligibility and Skill Requirements:
- A Graduate / Post-Graduate / Master’s degree from a reputed university in Management or
- Development Studies with knowledge about remote convening platforms
- 5-7 years of work experience
- Highly entrepreneurial, self-starter, creative problem solver and a team player
- Deep understanding of working in the development sector and the challenges it faces.
- Experience of organising events, workshops and seminars
- Ability to manage multiple partner relationships. A prior personal network is a plus.
- Ability to work remotely and manage multiple work streams simultaneously.
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience.
Location: Based in, or with travel to, Sonipat 3-4 days a week, currently work from home.
Deadline: Rolling basis. This is an urgent hire, early applications preferred.
To Apply: Upload the following documents:
- One-page resume
- Cover letter Subject line – [Assistant Manager – Convenings: (Applicant Name)]
- What has been the most transformative experience in your life, and why? (Max 300 words)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit csip.zohorecruit.in.