At Civis we have developed a platform that enables citizen engagement, in our democracies, by creating a channel for constructive dialogue between citizens and the Government on draft laws and policies.
Through Civis, individuals in India can understand an upcoming law or policy and share their feedback on this law, this feedback goes straight to lawmakers. This crucial step of consultation allows for participatory design of policies and increased trust and dialogue.
At Civis we work across two verticals:
– On national level policies, through our website www.civis.vote.
– At the grassroots with urban local bodies and non-profit partners.
On our online platform (www.civis.vote), we:
- Aggregate all open laws seeking feedback.
- Simplify these laws in easy to understand language.
- Translate them in to local languages.
- Reach out to individuals and gather inputs on these laws.
- Analyse and share citizen’s feedback with the Government – building Government capacity to run effective Consultations, and gather actionable insights.
Civis is built and maintained by Civic Innovation Foundation, a non-profit organisation. The foundation is incubated by the Nudge Centre for Social Entrepreneurship, NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore and INFED, IIM Nagpur.
About the Role
Civis is looking for an Associate to join our Communications team to assist in building and executing high-impact campaigns for Civis and for a joint campaign between Civis and Godrej, namely #ChooMacchar.
Work distribution for communications tasks will be split equally between the Civis Communications team and the #ChooMacchar campaign.
The candidate would be required to:
- Design and roll out frequent communication like newsletters, social media posts, videos, program updates and campaign reports under the supervision of the Outreach and Comms senior associate.
- Design messaging and graphics for campaigns, including compelling proposals and other collaterals that increase Civis’ brand value.
- Assist in capturing video footage of campaigns, conducting interviews, video editing, audio editing
- Assist product team in building and managing micro-sites for campaigns, including managing our growing community to deliver a meaningful experience to our community members.
- Draft press releases and other media communications for events and campaigns, along with building and maintaining a media database and other influencers.
- Assist Outreach and Comms team in developing strategies for high-impact, sustaining partnerships across print/online media and radio.
- Assist in reviewing new marketing insights by analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Assisting the Outreach and Governance teams, in event coordination and management.
- 2+ years of marketing or communications experience.
- A graduate in Communications, Mass Media, Public Relations, or any other relevant field
- Proven skills in managing and leading time-bound campaigns.
- Must have knowledge and experience with software used for social media design and management, like Canva and HootSuite.
- Must have video editing skills, preferably using applications like Filmora WonderShare, Adobe Premiere Pro. etc.
- Must have experience in using CRM software like MailChimp, Stripo.
- Must have knowledge in using software for admin and office management like GSuite, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
- Open Minded; prior experience in the non-profit and Governance sector is not a prerequisite, but you must be open minded to learn about these sectors. You must also have experience in the development of creative concepts.
- Empathetic; you understand what our community needs and issues that your teammates face.
- Execution-oriented; you’re highly organised; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs.
- Solution-oriented; you’re able to think of out-of-the-box solutions that work with limited resources.
- Collaborative; you work well with all kinds of people and teams; you’re open to learning from partners and peers.
- Communication; proven strong oral and written communication skills and expertise in customising content for multiple formats.
- You’re passionate about citizen’s engagement and have volunteered, founded or worked for a citizen engagement or campaigning platform.
- You’ve worked in an entrepreneurial environment which needed you to think on your feet and take decisions independently.
- A background in journalism is a bonus.
Applications open till October 10, 2022
Location: Mumbai, India | Full-Time, with two days per week remote work | Remuneration Range: Rs. 5.4 lakh to Rs. 6 lakh per annum, with additional employee benefits.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.