Website India Health Action Trust
India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring. Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the GoUP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the GoUP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP’s health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Senior State Specialist
As per program requirement
Job Summary :
Associate – Community Process Outreach will have the overall responsibility for providing technical, administrative and mentoring support to the district team in leading the design, implementation and review of community interventions related to family planning, maternal, newborn health, and nutrition outputs and outcomes including ensuring linkages between the community to facilities to community.
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
- Improve coverage, utilization and quality of Integrated Village Health and Nutrition Days (iVHND)
- Improve tracking of High-Risk Pregnancies (HRP), Low Birth Weight (LBW)newborns and MICYN practices
- Reduce home delivery pockets in select geographical areas
- Facilitate/ Scale up the rolling out of digital applications in Health and ICDS, enhancing data use for planning, review, decision making by collating, analyzing and presenting it appropriately
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
- S/he will support the district specialist- community outreach to develop and roll out an implementation plan covering RMNCH+ N (Reproductive, Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition) areas.
- S/he will provide technical support and strategic guidance to the team for smooth implementation of the work plans
- S/he will closely provide handholding support to the district teams on the priority interventions related to LBW, HRP tracking, Maternal weight gain tracking and Nutrition, Integrated VHND and reducing home births.
- S/he will support the district teams in rolling out and utilization of the digital applications while ensuring the quality of data.
- S/he will support the transition and sustainability of successful interventions of IHAT-UPTSU to GoUP with the support of other State teams
- S/he will undertake purposive field visits to assess the gaps and facilitate the process of addressing the gaps by respective departments
- S/he will participate in district level review meetings along with supporting DCS in conducting the same qualitatively.
- S/he will support the district team in the development of district-level PIP and District Health Action Plan
- S/he will represent the divisional level meetings and highlight the progress, opportunities, and follow up on the agreed-upon action points.
- S/he will provide timely updates about activities in the allocated geography through program monitoring reports, surveys, documentation of gaps, learnings and success stories
- S/he will play a vital role in conducting need-based capacity building of district teams and facilitate further mentoring and supportive supervision for the block team.
- S/he will support the state team in developing operational guidelines based on field insights
- Any other work assigned by the line manager or organization from time to time
- At least 3 years of experience in working with RMNCH/ Nutrition preferably in the state of Uttar Pradesh
- Previous exposure to working with the government/ development agency in community-based interventions will be preferred.
The candidate must have a Master’s degree in Social Sciences/ Rural Development/ Public Health/ Management
- Innovation & Creative Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Building a high-performance team
- Coaching and mentoring
- Team Management
- Basics of Data Analysis and Interpretation (MS Excel)
- Knowledge of components of VHND
- Knowledge of Maternal Health policies in India/UP
- Knowledge of Nutrition policies in India/UP
How To Apply :
Interested candidates should submit their applications by clicking the “Apply Now” button provided on this page. Only a complete application submitted through the online portal before the closing date will be considered.
IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants. Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply.
We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability. Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing, or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
To apply for this job please visit www.ihat.in.