Website The Nudge Institute
The/Nudge is an action institute working towards a poverty-free India, within our lifetime. We partner with governments, markets, and civil society to build resilient livelihoods for all. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and development sectors, and our work is organized across three impact streams:
- Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (CSDE): exists to enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives
- Centre for Rural Development (CRD): exists to enable families to come out of extreme poverty
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): exists to nudge top talent to solve India’s biggest challenges
About End Ultra Poverty:
While the top 5-10% of India is benefiting from a growing economy and is exposed to opportunities that are unprecedented in India’s history there is a bottom 5-10% in the same India tucked away and invisible to the outside world on the edges of remote villages, geographically isolated, social and financially excluded, economically excluded and unable to meaningfully participate or gain from this growth of the country. We estimate that this population is 70-100 million people across India. The development sector refers to them as those living in ultra-poverty, the worst form of poverty trap which at one point was thought to be unbreakable.
Thankfully, the world has seen the development of a targeted, multi-faceted and sequenced model called the graduation approach which has demonstrated that ultra-poverty can be conquered.
At The/Nudge we have been piloting this program for the past 2.5 years and are on our way to scale. Our purpose is ‘to help end ultra-poverty in India by 2030. Read more here.
We are looking for a Head of Program, End Ultra-Poverty to join us in this journey, be a champion for the cause, own the growth and scale of the graduation approach, in partnership with the government, donor organizations, research organizations, and others.
At The/Nudge you will:
- build thriving partnerships with Government and non-profit ecosystems toward ending ultra-poverty
- build scalable products centered on the graduation approach targeted at the ultra-poor
own all aspects of the delivery of the program and its initiatives
- help raise funds and gather support for the program and its initiatives
- engage our supporters and advisors on the program’s strategy and success
- collaborate with senior leadership and cross-functional teams at The/Nudge to deliver the program’s goals
- build a strong, engaged, and high-performing team
Apply if you have:
- graduate, post-graduate degrees
- 12-15 years of work experience.
- experience in leading zero-to-one initiatives
- experience in designing products, initiatives, multi-stakeholder programs, and/or businesses
- experience in building and nurturing strong and thriving partnerships
- experience as an entrepreneur or an intrapreneur – success or failure is immaterial
- demonstrated growth mindset – learning continuously, improving, updating points of view & knowledge
- demonstrated ability to work under uncertainty, ability to articulate a vision, and secure buy-in from stakeholders
- built a highly engaged and high-performing team
- excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- willingness to stay and travel in deep rural areas
- written and spoken fluency in Hindi and English
We aspire to be an inclusive and diverse organization and encourage qualified individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or any other dimension of identity, to apply.
To apply for this job please visit thenudge.freshteam.com.