Samhita is a social impact consulting firm, with a vision to build a ‘better normal’. The better normal re-imagines business environments where social value is an integral aspect of growth, putting stakeholders and environmental guardianship at the centre of business strategy, a strategy that evolves from inputs to outcomes, from individuals to ecosystem, and from delivering services to building capacity and enabling the market.
To do this, we support companies to align their core competencies with the needs of the social sector, and build catalytic partnerships with stakeholders with in-depth knowledge and networks to execute sustainable, outcome-oriented social impact initiatives. This approach bridges the gap between purpose and action, and forges business responsibility strategies that balance people, proﬁt and planet, thereby creating a better normal for communities, environments and businesses.
What would you be expected to do?
Samhita envisions impacting 10M lives over the next 5 years by working with our participants over a multi-year, multi-engagement model. As part of this mission, Samhita would collaborate with many stakeholders such as philanthropic foundations, corporates, implementation partners, NBFCs, and nonprofits to co-create the programs.
As the Associate Director for Strategic Initiatives and Impact Achievement, you will be responsible for leading the design and execution of these programs. The organization would trust in you to create the program models, identify the right set of partners, structure the execution plan and monitor the on-ground implementation, while ensuring desired on-ground impact, client satisfaction and partner delight.
You would also be working closely with the leadership team at Samhita and collaborating with the leaders across all stakeholder platforms. You would also be expected to lead the conversations and represent Samhita across multiple platforms.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conceptualise and Design programmes by marrying Samhita’s Theory of Change with the needs of the Funders/Clients and the realities of the implementation partners and beneficiary cohorts –
- Onboard all relevant internal and external stakeholders onto the proposed intervention
- Identify and develop a database of implementation partners across strategic communities of interest
- Roll out RFP’s, Conduct due-diligence and bring on board relevant implementation partners
- Work with the internal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Team to articulate the idea of success for the intervention along with a results framework
- Execute and continuously monitor the Project to deliver on the overall objectives in a timely, cost-effective manner
- Develop and manage strong processes to ensure integrity with Project Deliverables
- Maintain, analyse and present value-added reports that identifies status and progress across all projects, processes, milestones and deliverables; Contribute to Funder/Client reporting, as required
- Managing Leadership Reviews and Partner reviews on Projects
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with stakeholders – Funder/Client, Implementation Partners
- Identify and facilitate further engagement with the specific cohorts and clients
- Manage and mentor a team of Program Managers and Associate team members Pan India
- Ensure that lessons, learning and research around program quality is carried out and used for program quality improvement. Have and institute the highest standards of client impact and client service – be a role model and mentor on these dimensions.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- You have the passion for the development sector and the communities
- You have 12+ years of experience in program designing and on-ground implementation in the social sector
- Your experience working in the space of rural livelihoods/social protection/MSMEs would be highly preferred
- You have some exposure to strategy, CSR and private foundations
- You have the ability to quickly develop both an intuitive and data-backed view of customers’ (beneficiary, funder) needs and how to meet those needs.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change. Structured and analytical approach to solving problems.
- You have rich experience in managing and mentoring teams
- You are a stellar planner with the ability to prioritize amidst various / sometimes conflicting priorities.
- You could comfortably scope out length and difficulty of tasks and projects and have the ability to break down process steps
- You have the ability to bridge the gap between the nonprofit and for-profit worlds.
- You have strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes.
- You have demonstrated success in developing and evaluating program models and NGOs, and selecting and operationalizing programs.
- You have strong knowledge of the development landscape in India and around the world, including an in-depth understanding of the roles of various stakeholders (government, academia, international institutions, foundations, non-profit and corporate organizations).
Work Location: Mumbai (however, many of our colleagues are currently working from home and hence, we are open to exploring an alternate arrangement as well)
- Make a big difference: Take, own and implement.
- Leadership: This is the perfect opportunity to go beyond traditional roles and lead cutting-edge management and research strategies. The candidate shall work alongside the brightest minds, in an environment that fosters growth and creativity
- Impact: Working with Samhita will provide you with an opportunity to bring about a positive change in the lives of millions – doing well by doing well
- Work Culture: Samhita has a team of young, hard-working, and dynamic individuals who strive for excellence while maintaining a humble outlook. Our work has been strengthened and supported by international and domestic donor agencies and foundations such as the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, The Rockefeller Foundation, Tata Trusts, GIZ, DFID, the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, UNDP and the Power of Nutrition.
- Learning: Increase your problem-solving capabilities by delving into complex challenges.
How to apply:
Forward your LinkedIn page or CV to email@example.com, you can also apply on our careers page.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org