Pratham was founded in 1995, to provide pre-school education to children in Mumbai slums. Over the last 20 years, Pratham has grown to be India’s largest NGO working to provide quality education to underprivileged youth and children in over 20 states across the country, with a range of interventions. Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the WISE Prize for Innovation, the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership, the CNN IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service, and the Yidan Prize for Education. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About the Early Years team
Pratham Early Years team has decades of experience working with community partners and state governments to develop and deliver solutions targeting holistic development of children of age group 3 to 8 (i.e., children across preschool and grades 1-2). In the past few years, Pratham has also started working in the birth to 3 age group. Solutions include designing curriculum and material, training government and community resource groups, supporting on-site monitoring, providing measurement support and, most importantly, assisting state governments with evidence-based decision making for policy and practices. A key aspect of Pratham’s early years programs is mother and community engagement, which is done through the formation of mothers’ groups and weekly engagement with them thereafter, periodic school readiness melas, and upskilling for community volunteers.
Overview of Position
Pratham is looking to hire an Associate for the Early Years team to work closely with the Co-lead, Early Years programs. The Co-lead, Early Years programs leads all government partnership programs for early years at Pratham, leads projects in emerging areas such as gender in early years & newer pedagogies, shapes overall strategy for Early Years at Pratham.
Roles & Responsibilities
● Support with creation and review of curriculum & content to be used in Pratham’s early years programs
● Engage with government stakeholders across states to plan & implement existing projects
● Support state teams (who are implementing projects on ground) as needed for planning, training & implementation support
● Support with communication efforts to improve visibility of Pratham’s early years program – events, collaborations, conferences, advocacy, social media, etc
● Support documentation of early years programs for internal & external stakeholders
○ Internal – Knowledge, strategy & training documents
○ External – Donor-related & government-related documents, training decks, media & communication posts
Desired Qualifications and Skills
● Undergraduate degree or higher in any field.
● 2-3 years of work experience in any field – preferably in the social sector
● Experience of content creation and review is desirable
● Exceptional English communication and writing skills, demonstrated experience in documentation
● Good Hindi communication and writing skills
● Interest in working in the education sector – preferably early childhood education
● Openness to working in a dynamic work environment with a wide variety of tasks & responsibilities
● Ability to manage workload independently without daily supervision
● Ability to work with different teams
● Openness to travel at short notice
To apply, please share your CVs and a short cover letter addressing why you will be a good fit at Pratham.
You can address the applications to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com