Website Room To Read
The Program Associate will be part of the Program Operations Department and would assist Sr. Manager Operation and the State operation team in smooth functioning of the RtR program implementation. Like the role of Sr Manager, the Program Associate is expected to work on supporting various states, projects and functional roles as per the portfolio assigned to the unit from time to time.
Room to Read is a child safe organisation.
Roles & Responsibilities
Support in Planning and Management
- Create a tracker of all projects/state operations and update it regularly, including procurement.
- Assist Sr Manager Op’s in preparing annual work plan and budgets.
- Organise monthly calls with concerned State managers and project teams and follow up on action points
- Preparing of ICs and following up regularly for specific projects.
- Coordinate with admin team for timely procurement of various provisioning of programs.
- Updating any change requests on GSD
- Working on Growth plan revisions
- Assist Sr Manager Op’s in completion of various INCO Ops tasks as required. Innovate and create systems with Sr Manager Op’s that are easily adaptable at the field level, to increase operational efficiency of the organization.
- Work with respective state project teams in getting requisite information for updating various trackers and submission of the same to all stakeholders.
- Reviewing the Cash-forecast, MIS on a regular basis
- Prepare variance tracker as per the MIS actuals and also work with Sr Manager and all concerned in fore-casting spending for the upcoming months.
- Analyse budgets and forecasts from the states. Follow up on the variances in ICs and spending at the state level.
- Working with Finance team to plot month-wise budget in the prescribed format.
- Work on any re-budgeting as may be required.
- Reviewing the monthly and quarterly program reports including dashboards and provide suggestions to concerned state teams and departments as and when required.
- Document best practices and lessons learned during field work and share with Program staff at state and country level.
- Facilitating the PIM at field level and its implementation at all levels in close coordination with state teams.
- Collecting and collating Quarterly Progress Reports and Annual Progress Reports from states and sharing with donors.
- Keeping track of data from field, analysing them and sharing any variations or mismatches.
- Co-ordinating any financial reports/fund requests for donors.
- Work on preparing presentations/documents/concept notes for any stakeholders
Proposal/Concept note/Donor pitch development
- Initial draft of proposals for various kinds of proposals/notes/donor pitch for both Literacy and Girls Education Program.
- Preparing the initial budget and fine-tune it as per feedback received.
- Working with various departments and respective states to finalize proposals and budget for both the Literacy and Girls Education Program.
- Incorporate any changes made during follow up discussions with donors.
- Complete all paperwork related to closing the agreement with donors.
- Participate in any other activities which may be required to be undertaken to fulfil the objectives of the organization.
- Attend internal meetings (Literacy, GEP review, planning, workshops, coordination meeting etc.) and external workshops as and when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Sr. Manager Operations.
- Undertake field visits as required, in consultation with the Sr. Manager Operations.
- Follow up on donor visits in various locations, in coordination with Communications and Dev team for both GEP and LP.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s / master’s degree in English literature/ communication and Management/Business administration/social work or related field is desirable.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant experience with excellent proposal writing skills in English
- Must have attention to detail.
- Must have experience of working with multi-lateral and bilateral funding agencies.
- Possess good knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Should have strong presentation and interpersonal skills, Layout Skills and process improvement.
- Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece.
- Poses strong oral and Interpersonal Skills to be able to communicate with potential organizations and or government contacts on the desired grant.
- Must be experiences with excellent project writing developing and research from beginning to end with strong systems ability as desired for federal grants including meeting deadlines and adhering to guidelines.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people with diverse communication styles.
- Excellent coordination and problem-solving skills.
- Good team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health and a retirement plan. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
India – Main – New Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit osv-rtr.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.