Dasra’s bold aspiration is a transformed India where a billion thrive with dignity and equity. Established in 1999, Dasra is India’s leading strategic philanthropy foundation, working with philanthropists and high impact social entrepreneurs to bring together knowledge, funding and talent as a catalyst for social change. Dasra nurtures strategic philanthropy for India and focuses on impactful programs such as empowering adolescent girls, urban sanitation, inclusive economies and child protection and care. With 21 years of experience in the sector, a depth of knowledge gained from working with over 1,000 non-profits and having brought $100 million in funding to organizations – Dasra drives collaborative action to accelerate social change in India.
About OneDasra Team:
Dasra achieves its ambitious mission with a collaborative 100-member OneDasra team. This team works on various programs and supports audacious impact-first goals and strategic objectives by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. The OneDasra organization structure has enhanced agility, learning and enables pushing professional boundaries, which ensures that talent grows and develops, for greater systems change. The recruitment process is unique in that you will be selected to join OneDasra, with a role that best leverages your strengths and be involved in programs that align with your current interests. You will not be joining a siloed-functional team, therefore – please consider these outlined responsibilities and skill-sets required with an opportunistic role that will build cross functionality and be well poised for individual learning, growth and development across sectors and stakeholders.
Dasra is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
· Drive a strong understanding of the development related issues and the non-profit sector in India
· Undertake research and synthesize data from multiple sources, to generate meaningful analysis and insights
· Create content for knowledge products including reports, brochures, articles, presentations, and webpages
· Make and present recommendations for philanthropic investment to donors
· Build and manage relationships with non-profits and knowledge partners
· Assist with project management of internal and external tasks
· Conduct due diligence on non-profits to assess their capacity to create impact at scale
· Contribute to team + organization-level activities such as staffing, reporting, internal taskforces
· Graduate & Postgraduates with Minimum 3 years of work experience; (include Postgraduates)
· Written & Communication skills: Brings strong structure and organization to written and verbal content and effectively leverages existing material from various sources
· Project Management: Consistently meets deadlines, effectively manages own time across several complex projects and identifies/resolves conflicts or roadblocks independently
· Research & Data Analytics: Prioritizes structures and organizes the information effectively, using spreadsheets or simple data analysis tools where needed and ensuring adequate depth and breadth of perspectives. Draws accurate insights and data results from the information gathered, within the theme
· Fundraising: Engages funders with trust and confidence and begins to move from only execution to also managing relationships with some support/guidance
· Relationship Management: Engages external stakeholders with trust and confidence and is able to manage relationships towards several goals/ projects/ deliverables
· Practices attentive and active listening and can accurately restate the opinions of others even when they disagree
· Passion for the development sector and the communities we serve is a must
Think you have what it takes but not sure you check every box? Apply to the role anyways. We’d love the opportunity to determine whether you could be a great fit.
To apply for this job please visit dasra.darwinbox.in.