The annual nationwide ASER Survey (Annual Status of Education Report) on learning levels in India states that only 53.4% of children in Grade V in India can read a Grade II level text. Through its flagship Read India program, Pratham attempts to address this problem by mobilizing communities and the Government to get involved in the process of primary education. Pratham currently reaches 2.2 million children in more than 25,000 villages spread across 20 states through the Read India Program. More than 62,000 unpaid volunteers, mostly young men and women, provide after-school or in some places in-school support to children who are struggling in school. Through the Read India program, Pratham hopes to fulfill its mission – “Every child in school and learning well.”
Pratham is a widely recognized organization, having received notable awards such as the Skoll Award for Social Entrepreneurship, the Henry R Kravis Prize in Leadership and the CNN-IBN Indian of the Year for Public Service. For more details, refer to www.pratham.org
About Pratham Digital
Pratham Digital (PraDigi) is an umbrella term encapsulating Pratham’s various interventions in the community and schools using Tablets as primary means of learning, collaborating and contributing.Google.org is supporting PraDigi to incorporate technology into education to support integration of tech-based approaches into Pratham’s flagship Read India program as well as its work in early childhood education. PraDigi also develops openly available, engaging math, science, English, and reading content. Tablets are distributed to groups of children in rural villages who direct their own learning path. The content is regularly updated and student progress data is periodically collected. The objective of the 3 Year Digital initiative program is to reach out to over 20,000 villages with digital learning content to help over 20,00,000 children in various age groups in 21 states.
The Associate position in Pratham’s Technology Innovation Team offers young, motivated energetic people the opportunity to be an integral part of expansion of Pratham Digital in the educational technology landscape within and outside India. This person is the crucial link between the Pratham’s developer team and digital content producer and distributors. His/ Her responsibilities of outlining timelines and maintaining efficient communication stretch two ways – between Pratham’s inhouse academic content experts and external content Technology companies to deliver a product; and with external content distributors to host our content. Associates will play this role for multiple inhouse teams and external partners.
- Planning: Coordinating with inhouse and external partners to develop an efficient timeline for product delivery. The product here can imply a piece of digital content developed by Pratham’s inhouse development team, or by an external technology companies; or hosting complete/partial Pratham’s Digital content on other content distribution platforms.
- Management and Coordination: Constant communication with stakeholder teams to ensure timely delivery of product.
- Tracking and Reporting: The Associate will be responsible for creating any internal reports on the product/s development and implementation process, for sharing with the CEO, the Management Council and other senior level management.
- Internal reports: The Associate will be responsible for creating any internal reports on the program implementation, for sharing with the CEO, the Management Council and other senior level management.
- Networking and Expansion: The Associate will also be responsible for maintaining long term relations with external partners, and utilising the same for our PR. Furthur, the Associate should suggest content distribution platforms which will contribute to the larger vision of Pratham Open School.
- Other functions: This includes facilitating visits for partners and any other form of communication with them.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Will and knack for technology
- Ability to build rapport with people from various different academic, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to communicate in Hindi
- Fluency and excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good academic track record from a good college
- Ability to work well in teams
- Self-motivation and pro-activeness
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Keeping oneself constantly updated on the broader educational context
Send the following as two different documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Current Resume: Resume should contain
- Contact Information for Applicant
- Academic Background
- Universities Attended, Degrees Acquired
- Academic Record (Marks or GPA as applicable)
- Standardized Test Scores (If applicable)
- Relevant Coursework: List Courses in Technology, Management, and Education, and Grades Received
- Experiences in Technology and Management
- Languages Spoken
2. Statement of Purpose (500 Words)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com