Website Diksha Foundation
About Diksha Foundation:
Diksha Foundation offers holistic education to learners from socially and economically marginalized communities in India. Since 2010, Diksha’s movement has been towards creating “transformative learning spaces”. Our idea of education is not confined to mere literacy alone, we focus on the holistic education of the learner by looking at the social, creative, and moral development of each student. Holistic education stresses the overall development of an individual which includes core academics, emotional development, social skills with civic understanding, critical thinking skills, conflict resolution skills, personality development, and knowledge about self. While seeking to educate the whole person the basic three R’s – Relationships, Responsibility, and Reverence for all life, are taken into consideration. We believe that education is a journey of self-discovery, self-love, and self-esteem and that it is a process of change from within, a change in one’s habits and world views, and one’s Relationships and Responsibilities towards the community. For more information please visit http://www.dikshafoundation.org or www.facebook.com/dikshafoundation.
Project-Knowledge Hub for Education and Learning (KHEL):
KHEL (Knowledge Hub for Education and Learning) is our flagship after-school supplementary education program. Over 1000 children and youth have benefitted from our free supplementary education and computer training program in the past five years across our two learning centers in Patna and Nalanda. We envision establishing open learning spaces for socially and economically disadvantaged children and youth. It is not limited to supporting the child with the acquisition of basic literacy but also focused on holistic learning so that the child grows in a manner that enables them to maximize their potential.
Our KHEL Programme aims to provide holistic education to children and youth belonging to socially and economically disadvantaged communities in India. We envision that every child and young person enrolled in our KHEL center would have the opportunity for holistic education. Each learner would get access to academic opportunities, and a chance for social and emotional development, so they become responsible and ethical global citizens.
Responsibilities and requirements:
- Monitoring project progress and creating project update reports for project managers and stakeholders.
- Assisting with resource scheduling so that team members have the resources they need to complete their tasks.
- Scheduling stakeholder meetings and facilitating communication between the project manager and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle.
- Managing project management documents such as the Gantt Chart, Project Plans, budget, and schedule, as directed by the project manager.
- Executing a variety of project management administrative tasks in an after-school learning center.
- Support team members when implementing risk management strategies.
- Collaborating with Govt school administration and teachers of the locality.
- Ensure smooth functioning and implementation of program activities at the center along with the expected outputs.
- Holding a university degree(s) and at least 2 years of experience working with students.
- Strong desire and motivation to work with disadvantaged children.
- Dedication to working with children.
- Willingness to attend the professional development training program
- Good speaking, reading, and writing skill in the English language.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), an internet browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc.), and e-mail.
- Report writing skills
- Training and Development
- Honorarium- 24000/ month
Diksha is an equal opportunity employer. We are working towards diversifying our workforce.
To apply for this job please visit dikshafoundation.zohorecruit.com.