Website End Poverty
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) shall assume a strategic role in the overall management of the operation and be a key member of the senior management team. S/he shall support and complement the CEO in meaningfully advancing the mission of the organisation, with emphasis on building institutional credibility, strengthening programme delivery and supporting fundraising efforts, when necessary. S/he shall also work collaboratively towards meeting organisation’s goals, participate in shared governance processes, and provide support, when required to the CEO and other Board Members to seek funds from external sources, to enhance the organisation’s reach and capability to accomplish its mission of service to poor segment of the society. This is an exciting opportunity for a senior professional to play a leadership role at the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify key activities and priorities in line with the action plan and the organisation’s mission and values,
- Design, implement and communicate strategy for operational management and programme development, to meet agreed organisational performance plans within budgets and timelines.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for monitoring and measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development
- Report to the CEO on operational issues, opportunities, development plans, achievements, challenges, and budgets.
- Lead a high performing team of managers by providing support from the head office and by further developing, implementing, and streamlining operational policies consistent with their feedback.
- Set and manage performance targets of programme teams, ensuring staffing levels are met and professional management standards are adhered to while maintaining working knowledge of the organisation’s policies and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills in leading diverse work team’s organisation-wide operational and managerial processes across a broad geograph
- Broad knowledge and experience in development and implementation of CSR project guidelines, project management, organisation development, and people management in a large-scale organisation
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including above average oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and lead teams across a broad array of disciplines and diverse geographies
- A personal and professional commitment to advancing diversity
- Entrepreneurial and innovative approaches to opportunity development.
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule with the necessary amount of travel to provide on- site leadership
- Ability to multi-task and excellent coordination skills;
At least 10-15 years of relevant experience (in CSR, Development sector), preferably in operations.
Based in Gurgaon
Frequent travel outside Gurgaon as and when required.
Negotiable based on past experience and educational qualifications.
Contact / Share CV on:
firstname.lastname@example.org marking cc to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org