Website Educate Girls
Areas of Responsibility:
- Should have complete understanding of the Brand Manual and working guidelines (training will be imparted.)
- Will be responsible for adherence to the guidelines established here in for creation and delivery of communications content.
PR and Stakeholder Communications:
- Identify various internal and external stakeholders and aid in managing communications and branding requirement and in creating a positive brand image.
- Strategize and execute communications campaigns in association with partners.
- Aid in maximizing Educate Girls’ brand reach by using various print and electronic media tools available.
- Conduct period media audits and monitor Educate Girls’ competitive environment in print and electronic media.
- Build a database of journalists (international, national and regional) relevant to Educate Girls and reach out to them for stories (either through an agency, stringer or individually when required.)
- Write and disseminate press releases, Op-Eds and other documents for media consumption.
- Manage media queries in a timely manner.
- Assist media / partners on field visits.
- Represent Educate Girls at events organized by media and other partners.
- Maintain Educate Girls’ digital presence, ensuring all information is consistent with brand guidelines and is representative of the organization’s mission and core values.
- Monitor Educate Girls’ competitive environment in the digital space.
- Identify and engage with influencers especially on twitter.
- Manage spokesperson profiling on digital media.
- Identify blogs and websites (like The Better India, Huffington Post Women, Girls’ Globe etc.) where stories can be pitched and partnerships can be forged.
- Work on content curation for Educate Girls’ blog.
Creative Writing and Content Delivery:
- Create and follow a ‘content delivery calendar’
- Co-ordinate with regional teams to collect success stories from the field
- Brainstorm on creative ways of presenting stories – in words, pictures, audio, video, illustrations etc.
- Co-ordinate with the translator (agency)
- Re-write translated content with a fresh, creative approach
- Adapt content to suit the need of various media vehicles – social media, blog, journals, reports, media articles, photo-essays etc.
- Visit program areas to collect stories and for other related assignments
- Develop content for newsletters, press releases etc.
- Create Power Point presentations as required.
Social Media Management:
- Maintain Educate Girls’ digital presence, ensuring all information is consistent with brand guidelines, the annual communications plan, and is representative of the organization’s mission and core values.
- Strategize and ideate to create periodic campaigns/contests to build brand awareness and increase traffic to social media pages. Some campaigns will have to be donations-centric.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for all social media and blog posts.
- Mange all social media channels with special attention given to blog
- Identify influencers especially on Twitter.
- Identify opportunities for increased brand visibility online
- Manage feedback and comments on all digital platforms
- Analyze feedback to find out what TG thinks about the organization and the cause
- Represent Educate Girls are social media summits and events.
Support HO and Field Communications:
- Co-ordinate with regional teams as well as various departments at HO and facilitate communications requirement.
- Brainstorm on creative ways of presenting content in various formats – words, pictures, audio, video, illustrations etc.
- Work with in-house graphic designer and external designing agencies to create campaign designs and collaterals.
- Co-ordinate with the translator (agency) and adapt content to suit the need of various media vehicles – social media, blog, journals, reports, media articles, photo-essays etc.
- Create Power Point presentations as required.
- Timely documentation and record-keeping
- Maintain and update the mailing list and send out updates to our stakeholders as and when required
- Update information on website and other collaterals
Travel: Monthly travel (for at least a week) to program locations in rural India, especially Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh. Travel to other cities in India for summits and events as required.
Preferred Education Background:
Should be a Graduate with a Post Graduate / Diploma in Mass Communication / PR / Journalism /Marketing.
Preferred Work Experience:
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience (PR /Corporate Communications)
- Experience in media management and in handling PR Agencies.
- Familiarity with new media industry in general
- Should be a consumer of digital content and social media savvy.
Preferred Skill Set:
- Proficiency in MS-Office especially MS Word and MS Power Point
- Must know English and Hindi fluently – written and spoken
- Must own superlative creative writing skills. Must be able to independently design and author a great story.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized fashion.
- Ability to conceptualize breakthrough campaigns and carry them through execution
- Attention to detail and lateral thinking
- Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to work with people from varied backgrounds, at all management levels.
- Commitment to Educate Girls’ mission and values
- Gender sensitivity
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.