Website World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a country where World Vision International is registered to operate i.e. (Kenya, Ghana, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Costa Rica)
Please submit your CV in English.
Purpose Of Position
We are looking for a creative and excellent writer and content manager to support VisionFund with the development of internal and external communications. Your role is to source, create and provide communications content that engages with and educates audiences about the impact of VisionFund’s work across its network, globally.
You will support the President’s office and VisionFund leaders in developing relevant communication pieces using internal communication channels to foster and maintain a culture of knowledge sharing and engagement across VisionFund International.
Working alongside the Director, you will provide high quality communication and content to support marketing and fundraising, website, branding and also meet internal communication objectives and projects such as the Annual Report, donor reporting, among others.
Develop strategic global internal and external communications:
- Position VFI as a leading global MFI organization by communicating best practice and achievements, to change perceptions of microfinance and influence behaviours of key audiences.
- Resource and manage communication content, guidance and review for all collateral and messaging for internal and external audiences including writing the annual report and other ongoing communiques to staff and board members.
- As needed, account manage external agencies/printers and freelancers to produce creative communication projects together with Marketing staff.
- Accountable for the overall distribution of content through various channels, including media, website, social media and various internal communication channels.
- Manage and ensure quality is retained on platforms holding VisionFund content, e.g. casual content library, WV media library, WV Central, TheNet and any other chosen platform.
- Advise, maintain and write content for the VisionFund website and intranets, as well as social media platforms.
- Work with and support the Director to strategize and implement crises and issues engagement plans.
- Implement best practice measurement and evaluation tools to monitor communications projects and strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of communication channels & content. Measuring impact and using insights to improve communication at VFI.
Manage Content Including Creation And Distribution
- Accountable for the overall acquisition of distribution of content through various channels, including media, website, social media and various internal communication channels.
- Resource and manage communication content, guidance and review for all collateral and messaging for a mix of internal and external audiences.
- Manage and ensure quality is retained on platforms for holding VisionFund content, e.g. casual content library, WV media library, WV Central, TheNet and any other chosen platform.
Manage internal communication channels to foster and maintain staff engagement:
- Write and create dynamic, brand appropriate pieces/presentations and messaging for staff, board and external audiences.
- Develop, implement, review and evaluate new and innovative ways to engage staff in VisionFund International and MFIs as well as to communicate across the Partnership.
- Working with the Communications Network Officer, identify, research and edit news, updates and stories from around the network and share content through internal communications channels.
- Work with Director to provide support to senior leadership team by sourcing or creating resources and communication guidance on presentations and other collateral and messaging.
Support Fundraising /Sales Focus
- Support the Director of Marketing and Engagement to implement marketing strategy for VFI and for fundraising by managing creation and flow of content.
- Align communications strategy with engagement objectives.
Work With The Communications Network Officer
- In partnership, implement a programme of communication skills training to build capacity in the MFI network.
- Work with the Network Communications Officer to provide training through various methods including group training sessions, one-to-one support, on the job training and the creation of training materials.
- Set and monitor communication assignments and direct MFI and World Vision communicators to deliver written, photo and video content.
- Develop and build capacity so that Network Communicators contribute to the global external communications effort, by providing stories and news on relevant and timely development and local and/or regional successes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Experience writing content for various platforms, including websites, press releases, newsletters.
- Experience managing and overseeing creative projects, including working with external providers.
- Experience in creating presentations.
- Experience in teaching and/or mentoring individuals or groups, and creating necessary support materials.
- Five years working in field of communications or equivalent field.
- Experience working overseas with other cultures, especially in a developing country.
- Experience in internal communications and change management.
- Experience in content management, such as uploading and inputting metadata into content databases.
- Experience working as part of fundraising team and knowledge of its necessary resources.
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in communications or equivalent).
- Proven excellent written and verbal communication skills, journalistic experience desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (specifically working with CEOs and people from other cultures).
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Final Cut.
- Ability to shoot and edit basic video and take well-framed, appropriately exposed photos.
- Confident working with digital content, including working in back-end systems and databases, creating different file types and uploading to online platforms.
- Working knowledge of design tools such as Photoshop, InDesign.
- Understanding and awareness of cross-cultural communications.
- Knowledge of development issues.
- Fluency in other languages, in particular Spanish or French desirable.
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
Applicant Types Accepted
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.