Website Teach For India
Working at Teach For India
Teach For India is on a journey to reach an India free of poverty and filled with love by ending educational inequity in our country. Twelve years into our journey we are a movement of 3800 Alumni working at all levels of the education system, who are reaching 1 in 10 children across the country. These Alumni have graduated from our two-year Fellowship Program where they taught in under-resourced classrooms to put 32,000 low-income children on a different life path. Today, we have 970 Fellows and are the largest pipeline of driven, skilled talent into the educational ecosystem in India.
In 2022, we embark on Phase 4, our fourth strategic phase. We have a bold and ambitious ten-year journey ahead of us that aims to grow 50,000 leaders, who will work collectively, and with love, to transform the lives of 1 in 10 low-income children in our regions, through an education that unleashes the potential of self, others and India. In this decade, five key priorities will lead us to this vision.
- Strengthen our core Fellowship to build strong teacher leaders who provide an excellent and equitable education to our children and continue to do so beyond the Fellowship
- Scale our impact by strategically introducing additional Fellowships as alternative pathways for leadership development
- Match the Alumni of our programs at an intersection of their interests and the needs of the system and our children
- Advocate for key issues that impact educational equity, and engage 3.5% of the population in the movement for educational equity
- Act collectively with our Alumni to learn about and address key issues in our regions.
Our work will only be completed when we have built a movement of leaders that is large enough to ensure that every child in India attains an excellent education.
We pride ourselves as being a passionate, idealistic, mission-driven team of individuals. We’re committed to learning and excellence in our roles, and to being deeply rooted in our core values.
What Teach For India Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of one of the most established and visionary movements in the education sector in India which is at a pivotal point in terms of expanding its scale and outreach across the nation and working with changemakers across the country.
- A challenging yet flexible workplace in which every individual employee’s Staff journey is tracked for excellence and leadership development.
- A work environment in which employees’ holistic well-being is a core priority, enabling people to be their best selves.
- Access to connections and resources from the global Teach For All network that includes partner organizations spanning 50+ countries across 6 continents.
- Remuneration that is competitive within the top quartile of the Indian NGO pay scales, and a benefits package that includes extensive medical insurance and maternity coverage for both parents.
Locations : Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad
The Consultant, Admin (System & Process Design) will work in close collaboration with the central admin team to strengthen the admin function at Teach For India spread across eight regional offices. The person in this role will do so by leading digitization projects, designing efficient processes, training the regional admin staff and investing all stakeholders in the organization in a smooth rollout of all admin systems & processes.
Reporting to: Senior Director – Impact & Operations or Vertical Head, Administration
Our Administration Function will provide a strong organizational backbone to enable teams to maximize results and deliver on goals. This includes providing an efficient, effective, and excellent work experience for all stakeholders, fostering collaboration and community through vibrant workspaces, increasing productivity through efficient use of resources and facilitating joyful learning experiences through all our events.
As a Consultant Admin (System & Process Design), your responsibilities will be to:
- Design & implement robust systems and efficient processes for the administration function
- Create Standard Operating Procedures, guidelines, checklists for the events and across office spaces and train relevant stakeholders in their usage.
- Research and procure systems to digitize and optimally automate the travel & accommodation booking processes for the entire organization.
- Create admin microsite and central inventory & vendor (including venues & partners) database management system for all regions
- Provide training and skills on personal and professional development to Admin staff across eight regions
- Create & roll out a satisfaction survey, implementing, maintaining the data.
- Create & run completion and accuracy reports and share them with the relevant stakeholders.
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation system, coupled with strategic direction, to guide our abilities to continuously improve
- Invest vertical heads and stakeholders and support them to implement admin guidelines to increase the efficacy.
Preferred Qualifications, Experiences and Expectations
- 2-5 years of experience in operations/systems/process design
- Experience in driving operations in high pressure, goal-driven environments
- Experience of having collaborated effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Experiences and examples of having taken initiative in the past
To apply for this job please visit teachforindia.secure.force.com.