Website ERM - Environmental Resources Management
ERM is looking for a motivated professional with demonstrated credentials in ESG and Biodiversity to join its Capital Project Delivery team as Consultant in Mumbai/Delhi/Bengaluru, India.
About India’s Capital Project Delivery (CPD) Team
CPD in India is a centre of excellence to lead and execute social consulting work through South and South East Asia. We have been at the forefront of boots to boardroom consulting through ESIAs, project finance advisory (ESG due diligence, lenders’ E&S advisory), human rights across a range of clients across the extractives sector, power and infrastructure, development finance institutions and oil & gas.
We are building our capacities to face a market where:
- There is a convergence of social issues towards human rights and biodiversity issues towards nature-based solutions;
- Our traditional capabilities need to respond to new market demands across business resilience, LCET and sustainable finance; and
- Where innovation and data will define our ability to help our clients address complex ESG issues.
As a Consultant (Biodiversity) joining our team, your key focus will be to enhance our technical skills and innovation for the delivery of:
- Complex project, regional and sectoral impact assessments;
- Managing ESG due diligences primarily for the financial sector;
- Bringing in a focus on biodiversity and /or environment in general.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Undertake medium to complex CPD projects for ERM’s Clients across South and East Asia, as subject matter expert in biodiversity;
- Supporting innovation and service development in environment and/or biodiversity as a part of ESG and climate change advisory;
- Involvement in proposal development, and supporting business development and thought leadership initiatives;
- Remaining up to date with external market and client industry trends
- Sharing expertise and knowledge within the business unit and/or global practice area
- Understanding how work of the project team and or practice community contributes to ERM’s success
You will be part of our interdisciplinary team and will collaborate with ERM offices in South and South-east Asia regions.
- Postgraduate degree (Master’s-level degree) in a relevant discipline (i.e. Environmental Sciences, Ecology, Sustainable Development);
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Impact Assessment and Due Diligence;
- Expert level knowledge of environmental and biodiversity regulations, regulatory drivers and international standards (notably World Bank Group’s ESF and IFC Performance Standards, 2012)
- Commitment to excellence, and to health and safety;
- Excellent leadership and communication (both verbal and written) skills;
- Experience with using data and technology to solve clients social performance challenges;
- Willingness to travel – including field work;
- Language skills.
Who We Are:
As the world’s leading sustainability consulting firm, ERM is uniquely positioned to contribute to the environment and society through the expertise and energy of our employees worldwide. Sustainability is what we do, and is at the heart of both our service offerings and how we operate our business. For our people, our vision means attracting, inspiring, developing and rewarding our people to work with the best clients and on the biggest challenges, thus creating valuable careers. We achieve our vision in a sustainable manner by maintaining and living our ERM values that include Accountability, Caring for our People, Client Focus, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Transparency.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in ERM.
To apply for this job please visit erm.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.