At Alohomora, we believe every young person should have the opportunity to know a diversity of careers and make a choice aligned to their strengths and interests. Career exploration and support should not be limited to a privileged few. We are collaborating with the District Commissioner of Jhajjar, Haryana to take our flagship framework CareerShala to 176 Senior Secondary schools across the district. If you are someone who loves designing solutions, making learning fun, is able to zoom in and zoom out at ease, thinks in detail and wants to work towards implementing solutions for a complex large scale problem then this role is for you.
About us: Alohomora Education Foundation has made it its mission to enable young people from underserved communities to make interest and strength aligned career choices. Our flagship product CareerShala.co has content with 100+ sector professionals and takes students through a 5 step career-decision making process. We plan to facilitate Career Shala with 10,000 students across India directly and take it to 10L+ students through strategic partnerships. We support the design and implementation of Delhi Government’s Entrepreneurship Mindset Curriculum and are leading the design of Desh ke Mentor initiative as well taking our learning and philosophy to 7+ lakh students across 1024 schools of Delhi government.
Our idea was recognized by World Bank Youth Summit 2016 as top 6 ideas globally for Rethinking Education. We have also been part of incubation programs like N/Core Tech, TFIx, Unltd India and are poised to scale rapidly.
About the role: This role offers a unique opportunity to take our career exploration program to a new context. The intervention will be with school teachers across all 176 senior secondary schools to equip them to support students to explore a diversity of careers and make informed choices. You will be the bridge taking Alohomora’s philosophy and adapting it in the context of the project that will be impacting students across all 10-12th grades in 176+ government schools of Jhajjar. Your day to day responsibilities will include creating & contextualizing learning experiences for students & training for teachers, designing collaterals, gathering feedback from pilots and applying it to improvise the design. It will also be an opportunity to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including students, teachers, education department and CMGGA fellow working on the project.
Broad Areas of Responsibility:
This is a part time, project based role where you would be required to work for 12-15 days in a month for 3 months (May-July) designing components of the Careershala program for Jhajjar. You would be responsible for the following –
1) Program/ Training Design and Support:
– Work with various stakeholders in Jhajjar to understand needs and contexts of their students to modify program design and delivery methods for them.
– Design program materials (presentations, collaterals, assessments etc) for student and teacher training programs.
– Support with training teachers for the program.
– Research and adopt best practices for independent learning pedagogies, career exploration for young people and holistic youth development.
– Design experiments, test and collect data from on-field execution and gather insights to ensure student centric and effective learning.
– Supporting technology team to suggest improvements on tech portal from student experience point of view.
3) Documentation and Reporting:
– Support with documenting impact of the program, share success stories with external audiences
– Support in designing students facing communication over social media
What we are looking for:
1. Excitement to work in the education space and work with adolescents & young adults in Jhajjar district
2. Graduate (in any stream) with at least 2 years of full time experience OR post graduation in relevant fields with a track record of excellence in academics and co-curricular activities.
3. Structured thinking and an attention to detail, problem solving to navigate uncertainties
4. Research skills- Ability to gather information, review and analyze information and communicate them with clarity.
4. Learning Orientation- Ability to experiment, take action independently and reflect at a high rigour and pace
5. Creativity- Ability to bring multiple perspectives into design elements that speak to the students
6. Collaboration- navigating cross-functional teams and people both internal and external stakeholders
7. Deep understanding of learning pedagogies.
8. Good to have- Experience with technology, or aptitude to work with technology teams.
Location: Delhi, NCR or remote with frequent travel to Jhajjar, Haryana
Compensation Range: Upto Rs. 60,000 over 3 months depending upon skills and deliverables committed
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.