Website Education Initiatives
Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze requirements, produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the appropriate detail.
- Collaborate with cross functional squad members (product and tech teams) to help them understand and fully comply with data quality standards, architectural guidelines and designs.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Set and maintain database standards. Develop processes for establishing and sustaining impeccable database security.
- Install database servers, maintain with constant upgrades (including security patches, and hotfixes) and sustain the highest performance.
- Establish the needs of users and monitor user access and security. Performance tuning of database systems.
- Map out the conceptual design for a planned database.
- Own and manage all changes to the data models. Create data models, solution designs and data architecture documentation for complex information systems powering the EI product.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards. Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata). Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Plans, designs, develops, integrates database scripts to consuming application components and helps to test software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products. Write, debug, and deploy scripts to production; deliver timely fixes in close collaboration with Developers and DevOps.
- Deliver customer value in the form of high-quality software components and services in adherence with policies on security, performance, longevity and integration testing.
- Be well versed in the latest development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, DevOps and unit testing for database scripts during development.
- Adhere to DOD (story definition of done) as part of the sprint, including unit tests, functional testing, code reviews, no regressions, bug fixes, documentation and adhere to best coding practices.
- Perform peer code reviews in order to ensure quality standards
- Master the domain knowledge in the area of assignment
- Take ownership of what the team builds after the release; consider customer adoption as success criteria
- Volunteer for work in the backlog and commit to quality delivery; Coordinate efforts across the team to ensure completion and effectiveness
- Participate and contribute to scrum meetings i.e. daily stand-up, sprint planning, readouts and retrospectives
- Work collaboratively across the Technology and Product organizations to ensure alignment towards business goals
- Should understand fundamentals of iterative product development.
- Should understand the value of commitments to delivery made by the development team.
- 7+ years of experience working with different databases like MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Clickhouse etc.
- Very good hands-on experience with programming language, preferred is Python
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory.
- Ability to write and troubleshoot complex queries in various SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures.
- Experience with building high-quality software based upon architectural specifications.
- Experience in NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Very comfortable using GIT version control tool (we use Bitbucket)
- Familiarity with reporting tools.
- Ability to setup, monitor and troubleshoot CRON jobs
- Ability to setup data pipelines, data lakes and data warehouses
- Experience with data cleaning, data manipulation and data management skills
- Certification in AWS Cloud Services is a bonus
- Holds an academic degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computational Science.
- 7+ years of working experience as hands on industry experience.
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals.
- Good technical knowledge of databases and query languages.
- Ability to handle change and be open to it along with good time management and an able to work under stress.
- Respond to technical queries / requests from various team members and customers.
- Collaborate with various disciplines within engineering and outside such as product management, user experience, tech support and with customers to provide innovative solutions.
- Facilitate technical decisions; incorporate feedback and emergent patterns; ensure technical cohesion in product architecture.
- Experience in development and performance optimization of different databases and services.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Proven experience in Migrating database.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Ability to work with minimal direction with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Creative problem-solving skills and superb communication skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.ei.study.