Website American India Foundation
Position: Director – Technology
Reporting to : Country Director, AIF’s Technology Committee
Nature of Employment : Fixed Term
Duration : 2 years
The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S. and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 12.9 million lives across 35 States and Union Territories of India.
The Director – Technology will be responsible for the planning, maintenance and operations of Information systems, Technical Solutions and Internal Data Security practices. The incumbent will be a member of the ILT (India Leadership Team) to design & deploy initiatives regarding information technology (IT) to help AIF achieve its goals.
The Director – Technology will lead the cultural change towards adoption of effective Technology solutions across programs & functions, build internal capacity of end-users towards usage of software and databases, oversee the installation of software, licenses and asset management and integrate various information systems for purposes ranging from telecommunications to data management.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
● Understand AIF’s vision and needs for technology adaptations across programmatic & functional goals.
● Act as a Technology visionary for the organization and provide all the necessary technology support to Leadership team and state teams within the organization.
● Build the roadmap for organization’s Technology Transformation. Collaborate with stakeholders for successful roadmap deployment.
● Align Technology solutions to AIF’s Board’s vision and periodically report on developments.
● Responsible for the entire technology trends and developments in the organization.
● Develop the technical aspects of AIF’s strategy.
● Experiment and adopt new & relevant technology trends
2. Programmatic & Functional
● Analyze programmatic requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs and devise for technology-based solutions & resources.
● Design and deploy Technology solutions to fuel programmatic plans. Ensure all technology solutions fit within programmatic plans.
● Collaborate with Programs for adoption of technology solutions, troubleshooting and improvements in existing frameworks / tech.
● Collaborate with Functions for adoption of technology solutions & troubleshooting in functional processes. Drive successful adoption & continuous improvement towards existing solutions including, but not limited to ERP, Smartsheets etc.
● Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals.
● Manage all vendor contracts / licenses /SOPs and other arrangements for Organization’s IT solutions & services, including but not limited to, Software, Hardware, Intellectual property and more.
● Build and promote internal Data security protocols & practices.
● Identify needs and ensure ideal software solutions are developed in a timely manner to help increase operational efficiency.
● Build internal capacity and consensus for technology adoption.
● Develop and maintain frameworks of IT standards and strategies as well as IT policies that will empower teams to deliver effectively.
● Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software.
● Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency.
● Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards, internal and external compliance requirements.
● Build and manage Technology budgets and work plans.
Qualification and Experience:
• Post graduate in Technology, Management or similar disciplines.
• Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
• Strong understanding of various aspects of technology needed for internal systems in the organization.
• In-depth knowledge of software applications, operating systems, database systems and web content management.
• Strong collaborative and interdepartmental inclusive skillsets.
• Proven experience in leading by example and inspiring teams for excellence
• An ability to constantly educate oneself to be up-to-date with the latest technology advances.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills; sound representational and liaising abilities
• Familiar with the current technology trends and ability to use them to build business strategies
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong Budgeting skills
• Past experience of implementing ERP solutions and exposure to the functioning of the non- profit sector would be a plus.
• Ability to travel occasionally
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing your suitability for the role with the subject line “Director – Technology” to email@example.com
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org