Website Water Aid India
Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. JSCF is an associate member of WaterAid International and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid’ in India.
WaterAid India seeks to improve access to clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene for everyone, everywhere.
We started in 1986 because no non-profit like us existed. We are determined to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere within a generation. Only by tackling these three essentials, in ways that last, can people change their lives for good.
In India, WaterAid works with communities in rural and urban areas. Thanks to our amazing supporters, we have reached millions of people with these three essentials – clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene – enabling communities to unlock their potential to break free from the cycle of poverty and to change for good.
We will not stop. Not until clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene are a normal part of everyday life for everyone, everywhere. WaterAid India’s (WAI) country office is based in New Delhi with State Offices in Bhopal, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Patna and Lucknow. We currently work in 11+ states across the country.
WAI’s Programme focus in the next five years is on ensuring that communities – especially low-income families – are WASH secure i.e. with assured access to safe drinking water at the household level; with safely managed sanitation’ institutions such as anganwadi’s, schools and health care facilities with adequate and appropriate WASH infrastructure and with good hygiene behaviours. We seek to do this through demonstration and the provision of technical and knowledge support to governments at all levels who can facilitate this adoption on scale.
Scope of work
- Work with Project Coordinator to establish systems and procedures that support implementation and monitoring of community mobilization activities.
- Support in completion of baseline and end line survey
- Support knowledge management and dissemination of best practices and lessons learned both internally and externally
- Participate and support Project Coordinator in organizing public events, trainings, stakeholders meeting and workshops.
- Responsible to prepare high quality reports for all capacity building and behavior Change initiatives, and case studies of all the ongoing projects in the region
- Identification of innovations and best practices and documentation of the same
- MIS for program review across the state oData entry for key projects in the State oUpdate and manage project MIS and analyze the data and update the team on progress, for all projects in the State
- Flag critical issues for review as per monthly data submission from projects oConstantly review and update the MIS platform and systems based on emerging needs
- Review, collation and maintenance of the Masters Database oMonitoring progress as per internal or external standards oAnalyzing primary and secondary data and sharing with teams
- Maintain knowledge repository of all internal and external documents, reports and dataset
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project work
- Support in reviewing and translation of IEC content
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator and Team Leader
Eligibilities and requirements
Post graduation (or equivalent) qualification in one of the following areas: social sciences, international development, economics, environmental science, social policy; additional qualification in water, sanitation and hygiene education or specific training on conducting participatory trainings will be an added advantage.
Between 5 to 6 years of relevant work experience in similar organizational/functional context.
- Demonstrated experience in documentation and MS Excel
- Sound understanding of Participatory approaches and tools
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English and Kannada
- Proven strategic, conceptual and analytical skills
- Proactive and self-motivated individual capable of engaging persuasively with various stakeholders
- A self-starter, able to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively in the field
WAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Women and the differently abled are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com