Website Quest Alliance
At Quest Alliance we transform learning ecosystems through education technology, capacity building, and collaboration to build 21st-century skills for learners and facilitators
We are a not-for-proﬁt trust that focuses on research-led innovation and advocacy in the ﬁeld of teaching and learning. We engage with educators, civil society, government institutions and corporate organizations to demonstrate and enable scalable and replicable solutions in school education and vocational training
At Quest you will get the opportunity to apply your skills and contribute to addressing issues around quality education and skills training. The organization gives you the space to learn and grow in a fun and engaging environment. We have an eclectic group of people working at Quest drawn from diverse disciplines including Education, Technology, Design, Youth Development and Business.
About the Role
Quest Alliance has been working in the secondary schools for the past few years. In 2020, we rolled out a program to build 21st century skills and STEM mindsets among adolescent girls (grade 8 and 9) from government schools in Odisha. One of the key areas of QUEST’s work is around building computational thinking among adolescents and youths. In Odisha we intend to work with 1075 secondary schools across 30 districts of the state to enable adolescents building computational thinking and skills to code.
We are looking for an experienced person who has worked in the area of education technology earlier with a focus on government school systems. The role of the Education Technology Coordinator is going to be critical in supporting the overall Ed-Tech Strategy, facilitation of online courses for the teachers, facilitating chatbots based learning experience for students and managing tech platforms at the school level. Having good command and understanding of working in Ed-Tech programmes will be beneficials.
- Ensure and support on-boarding of teachers on the QUEST App and support all kinds of troubleshooting emerging out of the state of Odisha
- Ensure that the teachers and students are on-boarded seamlessly to the WhatApp Chatbot and are their quality of experiences are being enhanced, any troubleshooting needs emerging out are being addressed
- Ensure that the Chatbot is being updated with more answers to the questions and features
- Anchor the bug reporting, support and maintenance system with the aspiration to innovate and automate the system considering integration with the Quest Platform ensuring timely resolution.
- Anchor the testing phases for both internal and external users for the Quest Platform.
- Ensure that the labs set up in schools by QUEST has functional machines with updated course work and digital content present
- Ensure that the digital toolkit and content developed and curated by QUEST is being installed across all computers across govt schools of the state
- To ensure support to the Odisha team on their tech needs.
- Guiding Tech Associates on the various Tech related processes and troubleshooting mechanisms.
- Creating SoP for Tech support for Secondary Schools/Schools.
- Managing data management tools and dashboards for seamless tracking and reporting. The insights and reports are being shared with the team
- Lead the capacity building of team members on tech tools to ensure an equipped team.
- Keep an eye on new ed-tech innovations and ed-tech trends around the world and develop prototypes for testing these ideas, for their larger integration with the Quest App/change leaders/Chatbot/IVRS Platforms
- Participate in testing the product in the field along with the user research team to get proper feedback.
- Review wireframes and UI development with the design partners.
- Innovate around content delivery around IVRS
- Coordination with IVRS provider and ensure 100% uptime of the IVR.
- Maintaining the current portal and ensure seamless integration with chatbot as per laid down operational process.
- Ensure data stream pipeline readiness as per agreed MnE framework, which can then be ported for ETL(extract transform and load) and visualization.
- Anchor the implementation of hackathons in the schools.
- Participation in design and delivery of team and state level hackathons
- Travel to field locations to understand the context realities and base all tech related innovations around the same.
- Manage Associates, ensuring that they are clear on the change they are contributing to and on their roles and responsibilities.
- Support, mentor and coach the Associates as part of their professional development and help them to be highly effective in their work.
- Serve as a role model at all times
- Coordinate training and other capacity-building initiatives for staff as required
- Provide guidance and expertise to the Coordination team as required
Required skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5-6 years of work experience in ED-Tech related roles
- Hands-on experience with working on coding/ computational skills/ STEM and life and career skills for school students
- Prior experience working in government schools
- Prior experience of managing online course or Chatbots
- Willingness to learn and influence prevalent practices in education ecosystem
- Deep understanding of the National Education Policy and State Curriculum Framework
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in English and Odia (preferred)
- Excellent IT skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other teams
To apply for this job please visit questalliance.zohorecruit.com.