Website American India Foundation
Position: Employment Coordinator- MAST
Duration: 1 year
Nature of Employment: Contract
Number of Positions: 1
About American India Foundation
The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 6.7 million lives across 26 states of India. Learn more at www.AIF.org
About AIF Livelihoods Programs
AIF works closely with the public and private sector to create inclusive and sustainable livelihoods for individuals, families, and communities across India with a long-term goal of equalizing the informal and formal sectors to provide equitable opportunities for all citizens.
The Market Aligned Skills Training (MAST) provides underprivileged youth with skills training and access to formal employment opportunities. It addresses the systemic imbalance between millions of the country’s disadvantaged youth lacking education and basic skills, and its growing industries in need of a skilled workforce. Working closely with employers, to develop market-aligned curricula that meets the need of the industry across the country, AIF provides a three-month vocations training and workplace readiness program to underprivileged young people to empower them with the knowledge and skills needed for employment and success. MAST promotes increased participation of women in the workforce through appropriate skilling and gender mainstreaming. It also promotes entrepreneurship culture amongst women thus making it aspirational to the population at the bottom of the pyramid. Ability-Based Livelihood Empowerment (ABLE) trains persons with disabilities in fundamental and specialized skillsets and facilitates their entry into the job market through a robust advocacy platform for disability inclusion, promoting inclusive growth in India. With specialized curriculum development for the visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopedically impaired, the program combines assistive technologies and workplace solutions with career counselling while building capacity of NGOs across India to ensure equal opportunities for all persons with disabilities.
Cumulatively, both these programs have benefitted 1,40,840 individuals (as on 31st March 2020) with 1,02,675 having gained employment across 23 States of India. From among those benefitted, 41% are women and 16,167 (11%) are persons with disabilities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
1. To generate employment opportunities for MAST candidates and alumni by establishing and maintaining productive employer partnerships across India
2. To help MAST candidates identify employment options that match their career interests.
3. To assist MAST candidates in all aspects of the job search including resume writing, interviewing techniques and job referrals.
4. To schedule and follow up on candidate interviews with prospective employers.
5. To contact employers for developing reciprocally beneficial partnerships for jobs, internships and job shadowing opportunities.
6. To take lead in organizing digital job fairs over skillsbuild platform
7. To ensure internship/placement of MAST candidates
8. To maintain employer database and candidates profile as needed.
9. To provide targeted career information and resources for specific majors and interest groups to candidates, alumni, trainers, and staff as needed.
10. To collaborate and promote Career Planning services through in-class presentations, student organization outreach
11. Travel to field as and when required
12. To help mobilize candidates by getting college connects.
13. Any other cross functional initiatives as assigned by the line manager
1. Bachelor’s degree in psychology/communication/business management/human resources/informati on technology, or related field
2. Four (4) plus years’ previous experience as Placement Officer/ Human Resource Officer/ or related positions and experience in IT industry would be an preferred.
3. Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), and instructional software
4. Well informed of labor market trends, employer needs and best practices in career services.
5. Strong presentation skills
6. Openness to students and colleagues from a range of cultures and languages.
7. Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals
8. Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
11. Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
12. Ability to work under pressure and disciplined
Reporting: The position will report to Project Manager.
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Employment Coordinator – Livelihoods”.
Along with your CV, please also share a two-minute video resume answering these 3 questions:
~ Tell us something about yourself?
~ A brief about your achievements as an Employment Coordinator?
~ Your current/last drawn CTC and expectation from the role?
Please upload a zip file including the CV, Covering Letter and video resume.
Deadline for applications: 31st August 2022
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com