Website The Nudge Institute
The/Nudge is an action institute working towards a poverty-free India, within our lifetime. We partner with governments, markets, and civil society to build resilient livelihoods for all. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across the industry, academia, government, and development sectors, and our work is organized across three impact streams:
- Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (CSDE): exists to enable underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives
- Centre for Rural Development (CRD): exists to enable families to come out of extreme poverty
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): exists to nudge top talent to solve India’s biggest challenges
About Future Perfect:
Future Perfect exists to improve job readiness for the youth and to enable upward socio-economic mobility through English proficiency and the development of 21st-century employability skills. Future Perfect is designed on the belief that proficiency in spoken English is achieved by adopting an immersive approach, implemented through experiential, holistic, and group learning. Currently, Future Perfect serves ~15k students annually through its 200+ member team of community mobilizers, trainers, placement coordinators, product and curriculum designers, technical architects, and data analysts. Our goal is to create a deeply impactful and highly scalable model for online learning that enables underprivileged youth across the country to lead flourishing lives.
About Technology at The/Nudge:
Scale is at the center of everything we do at The/Nudge. Our strategic shift to the Technology first programs is accompanied by audacious scale-up goals in order to make a meaningful change in the society towards our goal. Given the magnitude of the problem, to create impact efficiently, effectively, and at scale, it is imperative that technology plays a critical role and remains at the center of all our interventions and programs, be it student-facing applications, internal systems, or productivity tools for our teams. Towards this goal we are looking for an EdTech or B2C expert to lead the technology roadmap, architecture and development of the tech-first future perfect platform for trainers and students.
At The/Nudge you will:
- take ownership of the solution from end to end, and be responsible for translating functional requirements into Technical requirements
- work closely with the product lead to understand the product roadmap
- prepare a technical roadmap and architecture for the web application and mobile application
- optimize performance, define architectural specifications & KPIs
- be responsible for software design, code review, unit and integration testing
- mentor and coach internal and external development teams to deliver quality solutions
- introduce DevOps and CI CD pipeline for the product
Apply if you have:
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or any relevant field
- a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in building web applications including complex UI/UX integrations
- development experience on Node.js, Python, Ruby and associated web frameworks
- knowledge of Mobile OS – Android/iOS/Windows or Cross Platform (this is an added advantage)
worked in fast paced, challenging environments
- a strong belief that technology can create deep impact and make a real difference in society
- comfort with non-profit sector salaries
We aspire to be an inclusive and diverse organization and encourage qualified individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or any other dimension of identity, to apply.
To apply for this job please visit thenudge.freshteam.com.