Website RTI International
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R leverages RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
SG&R’s Water portfolio has delivered innovative, breakthrough solutions in key development sectors, including water sector governance, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services, economic livelihood development, community engagement, and institutional capacity building. Our work spans the Africa continent with a growing presence in South Asia.
The purpose of the USAID India Plastics Pollution Activity is to further advance public and private sector capacity to improve solid waste management, identity innovations in plastic recycling, and reduce demand for single-use plastic, all with the end goal of reducing ocean plastic production.
RTI is seeking an Evidence-based Policy Team Lead for an anticipated USAID India Plastics Pollution Activity. The Evidence-based Policy Team Lead will be responsible for providing technical knowledge and support for activities in India regarding improving solid waste management.
The Evidence-based Policy Team Lead will be based in New Delhi, India, and report to Deputy Chief of Party.
Position is contingent upon award and funding.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Support the Chief of Party in providing technical direction and leadership of the activity to ensure project activities meet USAID/India and stakeholder expectations.
- Leads activities under the supporting evidence-based policy workstream.
- Help shape agenda for priority policy reform interventions to improve and strengthen solid waste management practices regarding plastics recycling.
- Lead review of policies related to public private partnerships (PPPs) for plastics recycling.
- Coordinate consultancy expertise to review and draft solid waste management legislation, market frameworks and regulations, in consultation with institutions and industry.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders for successful implementation.
- Collaborate and share knowledge with other development partners and their initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years of experience, Master’s degree and 6 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience working within the Solid Waste Management or Plastics Recycling industry within India strongly preferred.
- Experience and expertise on projects focused on policy or reform in India.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Candidates should possess a mix of strong administrative and technical skills as well as communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to travel and work throughout India.
To apply for this job please visit rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com.