Website Ummeed Child Development Centre
India has over 50 million children with disabilities under the age of 15. With access to appropriate health, intervention, education, recreation, and livelihood services they can be supported to become productive members of the society. Today most of them have limited or no access to relevant knowledge and services as the number of organizations and professionals in the space are inadequate to meet the need.
Ummeed, a premier non-profit organization for children with disabilities in India, was founded in 2001 by Dr. Vibha Krishnamurthy, a developmental pediatrician. Ummeed supports children with developmental disabilities to reach their full potential and be included in society by providing family-centered care to children with developmental disabilities and their families.
As an organization with a workforce of ~100 committed professionals, Ummeed’s transdisciplinary approach works towards:
- Supporting children with disabilities through direct clinical services and helping families in their journey towards acceptance and empowerment
- Building a network of trained professionals and community workers who can prevent, diagnose, and manage developmental disabilities eﬀectively
- Changing societal attitudes towards becoming more inclusive towards children with disabilities
About the Position:
The Human Resources department is committed to ensure Ummeed continues to be a great place to work and is constantly reinventing its practices to ensure all team members feel supported, engaged, and motivated.
The role of the Executive / Assistant Manager – Human Resources would be to deliver activities undertaken by the department, including Recruitment, Onboarding, HR Data Management, Employee Engagement, and others, under the supervision of HR leadership.
Ummeed is looking for a young enthusiastic individual who is keen to add value to Ummeed’s impact through strong HR operations.
· Talent Acquisition
o Independently manage recruitment plan for the year which includes creating job descriptions, coordinating with teams, sourcing candidates through job portals, social media, campus placements, etc.
o Conduct screening interviews and evaluate fitment within the organization
o Ensure offers are managed including negotiation, reference check, background verification is completed.
o Co-manage the recruitment management system
o Liaison with departments to ensure smooth onboarding
o Co-plan and manage on-boarding and induction plans for new staff members
o Co-manage the Human resource management system
· Payroll Management
o Track and ensure update of leave and attendance and assist in payroll processing
· Statutory Compliances and Benefits
o Manage the employee insurance administration, policy administrations and vendor coordination
o Ensure all PF-related information is up to date to provide the vendor
o Manage administration and renewals of policies like POSH, CPP, Gratuity and any other compliance from time to time
· Performance Review/Management and Employee Engagement
o Support the professional review process
o Manage and support employee engagement initiatives
o Support DEI initiatives as required
o Ensure files and all other HR related documentation is up to date
o Assisting in any other HR responsibility from time to time
· Graduate or Post Graduate degree (preferable in Human Resources)
· 2 to 3 years’ relevant work experience
Essential Skills Required:
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with diverse teams
· Attention to detail and strong organization skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
· Ability to identify a conflicting situation and understanding of ways to navigate them
· Proficient in MS Office
· A challenging but flexible work environment that offers opportunities for growth and creating impact at scale
· A leadership that invests in its people, giving them the freedom to explore, innovate, learn, while responsibly delivering on committed outcomes
· A strong culture of respecting diversity, being inclusive and committed to serving children with disabilities and their families
· An opportunity to work in collaboration with a diverse group of highly passionate, motivated and talented individuals
Reporting to: Senior Manager – Human Resources
The above is a full-time position involving 8 hours per day/40 hours a week.
To apply for this job please visit ucdc.kekahire.com.