Major Deliverables :-
● Design, supervise, implement and monitor R&E studies to assess the process and efficacy of the programs/activities implemented by Arpan
● Properly document, organize and track the study progress
● Conduct literature reviews on research topics/questions
● Select pertinent research designs, sampling strategies, data collection procedures, and data management systems.
● Develop survey tools for research inquiries
● Develop training modules and train the field investigators/staff collecting data on data collection procedures/protocols
● Perform field visits to supervise data collection (such as surveys) and ensure high quality data
● Participate in data collection whenever required
● Analyse data using appropriate statistical techniques, interpret findings and present them in a clear, concise manner.
● Write reports and present findings of the studies conducted
● Assist supervisor in dissemination of studies through offline and online modes
● Identify strengths and weaknesses in the existing R&E processes, procedures, and propose and implement pertinent solutions
● Coordinate with internal teams to develop documents required for better planning and monitoring of studies.
● Identify the RM&E training needs of the program team and other verticals and implement training that meets these needs with the support of the R &E Manager
● Coach, train, and mentor RM&E associate/s (if required) with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge and providing professional development guidance in conjunction with the R&E Manager
● Participate in quarterly and annual reviews and other planning meetings
● Provide technical expertise to internal teams at all levels
Other related tasks assigned by the supervisor
Specialized job competencies :-
● Strong Research Methodology and Statistics skills essential, like knowledge of experimental and quasi-experimental methods, inferential statistics, sampling techniques etc.
● Working knowledge of Advanced Excel and of software platforms such as SPSS or STATA, is essential
● Working knowledge of applications such KOBO or Survey CTO is preferred
● Knowledge and experience in RM&E essential e.g. theory of change, logical framework, summative and formative evaluations, impact evaluations, etc.
● Work experience with non-profit organizations essential
● Experience working with children is a plus
● Strong writing skills in English essential and fluency in Hindi and Marathi is preferred
● Candidate should be a team player and should exhibit good organizational and social skills
● Should be able to work towards targets and multi-task
Willing to traveling to intervention sites within country if required
Educational Qualification :-
Masters in Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Population Studies, Social Policy or in a similar subject.
Desired Experience :-
5-6 years of experience in Research, M&E, Population studies, psychology, statistics.
Other desired attributes :-
Ability to work in collaboration across functions
An attitude of continuous learning is important
Location :- Mumbai
Salary range :-
Will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and educational qualifications
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.