Website Plan India
Job title: Field Mentor
Project Name: Samarth – Digital Literacy Project – WD
Reporting: Thematic Expert
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Contract Duration: Three years
Level Of Contact With Children: 1 (Direct contact with children)The position holder shall be responsible to adhere & work within the ambit of Plan India’s Child Protection & Gender Equality Policies
ABOUT PLAN INDIA
Plan India is a nationally registered not for profit organisation striving to advance children’s rights and equality for girls, thus creating a lasting impact in the lives of vulnerable and excluded children and their communities. Since 1979, Plan India and its partners have improved the lives of millions of children and young people by enabling them access to protection, quality education and healthcare services, a healthy environment, livelihood opportunities and participation in decisions which affect their lives. Plan India currently works directly with communities, government, donors and other civil society members and groups in 14 states across 19,000+ communities in 5,500 villages/ slums and has touched the lives of 1.9+ million children, out of which over a million are girls. Plan India is a member of the Plan International Federation, an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is actively working in more than 70 countries.
Project Samarth is a Digital Literacy project for adolescent and young girls. The project aims to empower and improve the quality of life of young and adolescent girls by imparting them digital literacy to bridge the digital divide. Through the project, adolescent and young girls will be mobilized and trained. The project will set up 6 Digital Literacy centres, three centres in schools and three in communities. The project also aims to support girls out of school to re-enrol into school or apply for open school 10th exam. Along with Digital Literacy skills, the girls will be oriented on gender & life skills through the project.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of Project Activities in community and schools;
- Coordinate and ensure mobilization of youth to enrol into the centres in schools and communities;
- Support the project team in developing/revising the curriculum for Digital Literacy;
- Monitor quality of sessions to girls on Digital Literacy as per the curriculum, and learning assessments in the school based and community based Digital Literacy Centres;
- Coordinate periodic meetings with Head teacher, teachers in the schools/community based center coordinators as relevant to project implementation;
- Monitor and coordinate mobilization of out of school girls for re enrolment into schools or open school – NIOS;
- Conduct quarterly sessions on gender and life skills to the girls enrolled into the project;
- Maintain MIS, database, regular assessment reports of all the girls enrolled in the programme;
- Support in planning awareness sessions in the communities on Digital literacy importance to parents, community leaders etc.;
- Ensure Utilization of budgets for activities as per laid out Plan India policies and give an account of the same with relevant bills and vouchers;
- Any other activity relevant during the implementation of the project;
- Support the Project Manager in developing the monitoring and evaluation framework
- Responsible for project documentation – quantitative and qualitative along with stories of change and photo documentation. Submit monthly reports of the project and support in donor reporting every quarter;
- Monthly review of the project with the Project Manager;
- Conduct weekly review meetings with the team.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should possess a graduate in any field;
- Candidate with relevant work experience of at least 4-5 years;
- Excellent teaching aptitude, field experience and sensitive in dealing with children and youth, adolescents in the communities;
- Past experience of implementing similar activities at community level preferred;
- Good understanding on digital component;
- Effective training skills and effective communication skills;
- Good Documentation skills in English;
- Sound ability in framing of questions for assessment of students;
- Strong in execution of assigned tasks, and responsibilities;
- Strive for excellence and innovation in pedagogy;
- Ability to work in a team spirit;
- Strive for excellence and innovation in pedagogy.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: 30 %
COMPENSATION AND EMPLOYMENT
Plan is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women candidates are encouraged to apply. Our policies and procedures reflect our commitment to child rights and child protection.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send us your updated resume along with a suitability note (single Word document only) for the “Field Mentor – Hyderabad” position at email@example.com. Please mention “Field Mentor – Hyderabad” in the subject line. The last for sending applications is 13th August 2022. Please mention your current salary and expectations along with your applications. Applications without this information will not be accepted.
Considering the volume of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by HR Team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org