Website Digital Green
About Digital Green
Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households–improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
Digital Green is entering an exciting phase of development as it diversifies and scales its activities in Asia and Africa. As part of this expansion, Digital Green is building a small team of exceptional individuals with a passion for finding solutions to pressing development problems, a curiosity about complex issues facing the world’s poor, and a drive to tell our story.
For more information, please visit Digital Green’s website:.
The position is responsible for periodically generating various financial / accounts reports and statements as required. The position is also responsible for reviewing partners’ documents before processing payments, ensuring timely disbursal of funds to partners, and capacity building of the partners with respect to their book-keeping activities. The position is responsible for adherence to all statutory compliances, including the filing and submission of taxes.
- Accounting Transactions & Reporting
- To record all the financial transactions in QuickBooks as per the required Accounting procedures
- To provide required support to the Head – Accounts (Asia) for closing of accounts at month end
- To maintain and update the Petty Cash Statement and ensure its reconciliation
- To generate monthly / quarterly / yearly financial / accounts reports as per organizational requirements and norms
- To prepare monthly cash forecast reports / statements for ensuring effective cash management
- To prepare various accounting reports such as Target Bank Balance report, Cash flow projections, etc. in a timely manner
- To prepare the Profit and Loss statements and coordinate with CA for the preparation of balance sheets and annual reports
- To provide required support in the preparation of budgets, etc. as required by Head – Accounts (Asia)
- To ensure that all financial transactions adhere to the approved budgets and provide reports to the management regarding the same
- To support preparation and issue of accurate management reports as necessary
- To perform proper bank reconciliation / fund reconciliation
- To ensure relationship management with the bank and government authorities towards effective and smooth accounts and financial management for Digital Green
- Vendors / Staff Payments Processing
- To disburse accurate payments to the vendors and staff as per Digital Green norms in a timely manner
- To communicate about the transfer of funds to all the stakeholders – both internal and external as per established procedures
- To verify and authenticate all the vouchers produced by the staff as per established procedures
- To ensure that all statutory payable taxes have been deducted accurately before making the final payments
- To ensure that all bills payable for the month have been cleared by the end of the month and the transactions are properly recorded as per norms
- To ensure financial and accounting transactions at Digital Green are compliant with statutory rules and regulations (FCRA, Income Tax, RBI Rules, Companies Act, etc.)
- To provide support for meeting statutory compliances and for adherence to the Digital Green’s and donor requirements
- To provide support for completion of external and internal audits by providing information in a timely manner
- To provide support for prompt closure of non-compliances / issues highlighted in the internal, external and partner audits
Qualifications And Experiences
- B.Com. and/or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 4 – 5 years of relevant work experience in Accounts
Skills And Competencies
- Experience working with a diverse team, including across time zones, cultures, English-language ability, and backgrounds
- Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Willing to travel occasionally both domestically and internationally
- Flexible attitude towards changing priorities and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of accounting principles and processes, applicable standards and statutory/ regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of relevant ERP systems
To be successful as a member of the Digital Green team, you will also:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming non-profit organization
- Be an innovative and creative thinker – you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Digital Green is a great place to work and prides itself on a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Digital Green is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If the above role meets your requirements and you are interested to apply for this position, please send your CV to https://digitalgreen.applytojob.com/apply/bBrrMST66o on or before 5th November 2022
Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Digital Green. Digital Green is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.
To apply for this job please visit digitalgreen.applytojob.com.