Website Association of People with Disability
Director – Fundraising
BBA/MBA with specialization in Sales & Marketing/ Mass Communication / MSW with a flair for Marketing / sales /fundraising or any related field.
A minimum of 5 –7 years in fundraising or direct sales role
What we are looking for:
- Someone who is purpose driven and creative
- Self-confident and prepared to work hard and to learn
- Experience in Fundraising with excellent persuasion skills
- A good team player, able to work across different functions
- Ability to raise funds for our cause and meet / exceed our targets
- Excellent written & oral English skills
- Spoken Kannada would be desirable but not mandatory
- Comfortable with technology and social media to improve fundraising activities
- Exposure to Government interaction would be value-add
- Compensation: Salaries in the NGO sector do not commensurate with the private sector. If money is very important to you, we understand but this may not be the job for you. Our compensation package will comprise of a fixed salary and an attractive performance based incentive.
Other notes: If you are a Person with Disability or a Woman professional, we will provide you with some extra consideration.
If you believe you qualify, please write to email@example.com with a detailed resume, one paragraph purpose statement that explains why you want to work in the SPO sector and details of your current compensation.
The Role: APD mandate is to create awareness and sensitivity with all stake-holders including Corporates, Civil Society, Government, Academia, Health professionals, Researchers, Lawmakers, Foundations other NGOs, Care-givers and Persons with disability. Towards this end, the Fundraising Officer will be required to:
- Acquire new partnerships and donors for increasing organizations resources.
- Develop and organize fundraising campaigns and events
- Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organizations work
- Develop milestones and schedules for all CSR projects, ensuring project team and stakeholder alignment; manage to, and deliver on, agreed-upon deadlines
- Prepare proposals for CSR Funds.
- Support management in raising CSR funds be it meetings with external parties, information, data management
- Lead and manage new projects in collaboration with functional teams.
- To develop a portfolio of donors including institutional, corporate, HNIs, foundations and trusts to achieve the revenue target set by the organization.
- Build relationships with major donors or companies
- Prepare and deliver presentations & write proposals
- Continuously research for additional partnerships, possible intellectual capital creation opportunities
- Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
- Create high quality utilization reports for the donors
- Create strategic fundraising plans to expand donation base
- Work closely with other teams internally to strategize based on budget, expenses, and goals for the quarter
- Develop strategies and set goals to hit fundraising targets, including corpus and program funding.
- Relationship management with existing donors and responding to their requests regularly and keep updating them about the work of the organization
- Identify and anchor new initiatives related to resource mobilization
- Build and manage a network of individual donors
- Under the guidance of the Director – Fundraising oversee quality, production and distribution of all communication and collaterals to ensure consistent brand positioning.
- Assist in the Improvement and development of communication & collaterals for APD – Starting with APD Website, Digital assets and other collaterals – brochures, newsletters, annual report, Videos, posters etc.
- Create and maintain a web presence.
- Work with Operations and Finance teams to prepare project / Annual budgets and convert it to marketing proposals along with Director Fundraising.
- Work with IT staff/vendors to design and maintain the Donor Relation Management (DRM) database
To apply for this job please visit www.apd-india.org.