Website The Nudge Institute
The/Nudge is an action institute working towards a poverty-free India, within our lifetime. We partner with governments, markets, and civil society to build resilient livelihoods for all. We are a collective of some of India’s best leaders and entrepreneurs from across industry, academia, government, and development sectors, and our work is organized across three impact streams:
- Centre for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (CSDE): enables underprivileged youth to lead flourishing lives
- Centre for Rural Development (CRD): enables rural families to come out of extreme poverty
- Centre for Social Innovation (CSI): nudges top talent to solve India’s biggest challenges
About Saamuhika Shakti:
Saamuhika Shakti is a collective impact initiative, the first of its kind in India. Seven implementing organizations have joined forces to enable the waste pickers’ community to have greater agency to lead secure and dignified lives, with a specific focus on gender and equity. This project is supported by the H&M Foundation, and The/Nudge serves as a backbone.
To understand gender and equity work that is currently being conducted by Saamuhika Shakti, please read this article.
At Saamuhika Shakti you will:
- develop the strategy, roadmap, and monitoring mechanism to gender-mainstream Saamuhika Shakti’s inputs and outputs, and ensure equitable outcomes for the most vulnerable stakeholders within Bengaluru’s informal waste-picking community
- implement the roadmap by liaising with seven project partners as well as The/Nudge team. This will include (and is not limited to) mobilizing program focus, capacity building, internal and external communication, and knowledge management activities with partners
- create or align with tailwinds in the gender & equity X waste management space by connecting with relevant organizations, networks, or movements. Conversely, build thought leadership and document learnings from Saamuhika Shakti for the sector at large through avenues such as publications and conferences
Apply if you have:
- a Master’s Degree focused on gender and development
- at least 5 years of overall work experience
- 3+ years of work experience working with gender and/or equity development programs
- 2+ years in a program management role where you have done hands-on work with a wide range of stakeholders
- the willingness to work out of Bengaluru, as all project locations and partners are in Bengaluru
- fluency in Kannada and English
Would be great if you have:
- an understanding of informal waste picking and the waste management sector in Bengaluru
- prior experience of working with fast-paced startups
We aspire to be an inclusive and diverse organization and encourage qualified individuals irrespective of their religion, caste, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age, or any other dimension of identity, to apply.
To apply for this job please visit thenudge.freshteam.com.