Uninhibited engages under-resourced and underprivileged menstruators and non-menstruators across India to unravel the stigma surrounding menstruation, engaging key influencers such as front-line workers and teachers to create a positive socio-cultural environment at home and in school.
While affordability and access to menstrual hygiene products is one part of the issue, Uninhibited believes comprehensive menstrual health education and ending stigma is key to impacting sustainable change for half the population. Through our interactive tools and modules on menstrual health and hygiene (MHH), we create safe spaces to encourage dialogue and improve sexual and reproductive health-seeking behaviour and mobility of women and girls during menstruation.
COVID-19 has disproportionately affected menstruators (adult and adolescents) health, hygiene, mobility and economic independence. After validating the needs for this vulnerable population at the onset of the pandemic, Uninhibited found that menstruators were posed at a higher risk of reduced menstrual and sexual and reproductive health because of the decreased access to these services.
Building on the findings, we have developed Hello Saathi, free telemedicine and informational helpline for menstruators and non-menstruators wherein they can access teleconsultations for their MHH/SRH issues and/or subscribe to receive IVR based MHH/SRH content for a month. We have also started our work with highly marginalized communities like sex workers and LGBTQIA+ people.
We are seeking a:
Governance Lead to support our Monitoring, Evaluation and Research activities across our operational regions. The Governance Lead will be responsible for supporting the team with designing and implementing the monitoring, evaluation and research of all programmes of Uninhibited. The role will require collaboration with field teams for the data collection on programme activities and working independently to validate, process and analyse the data to evaluate the impact of Uninhibited’s work, along with driving improvement across the organisation by drawing key insights on strengths and improvement areas in its performance. This is a role for someone who is collaborative by nature but is also extremely comfortable in driving outputs by themselves. It has both an operational and strategic dimension and will require the Lead to learn and experiment. It is an extremely key role as it will be responsible directly for identifying pathways towards maximising the efficiency and impact of Uninhibited.
What you’ll do as a Governance Lead :
- Support in developing and updating tools and processes for the collection of monitoring and evaluation data including surveys, tests, checklists etc.
- Monitor data collection by operations teams across the 5 regions and ensure data quality and sanity
- Coordinate with different verticals and stakeholders for M&E processes including, but not limited to data design, collection, communication with different stakeholders etc
- Conduct independent research via calls, visits or other approaches to evaluate data and process quality
- Clean the primary data received so that it can be taken up for analysis. This includes transcribing, translating, and cleaning up the data in MS Excel or Google Sheets.
- Prepare a weekly report with the key insights to be shared with the organisation for the weekly progress
- Support with building larger reports on the organisational impact regularly for every programme
Champion Uninhibited’s culture, values and working norms
Who you are:
- Passionate about gender equity, women empowerment and menstrual health
- Fluent in the use of Excel and/or other tools and systems for processing large volumes of data
- Have a background in Social Science Research, Data collection, Statistics
- Have at least 1-2 years of experience working with primary or secondary research in any development sector organisation. If the candidate has worked in menstrual health or allied spaces, it would be ideal, though not a prerequisite.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to confidently provide communications-related guidance to organisational executives and volunteers
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses analytical skills (esp Social Sciences and Behaviour Research), a drive to learn new tools, ability to collaborate beyond the organisation
- Experience in designing and executing primary research tools; especially in a rural context and/or related to gender equity
- Low ego, collaborative team member; motivated to work with other verticals to improve the quality of interventions but also good at working by yourself for the execution of tasks
- Highly organised and resourceful, with an ability to drive focus, clarity and prioritisation
- Able to commit to the position for a minimum of 2 years
- Empathetic, respectful and grounded
We are exclusively looking for a candidate who is proficient in Marathi and English. Conversational knowledge of Hindi is ideal, although negotiable.
What we offer:
- A comprehensive full-time position with a decent remuneration
- Growth and development opportunities to engage with our comprehensive Monitoring & Evaluation tools, Theory of Change and Impact Assessment and Training methodologies
- Access to a flourishing network within the social development sector
- Annual Salary Range : Rs 4,20,000 – Rs 4,56,000
In 150 words or less describe why you would fit the role of Uninhibited’s Governance Lead
Attach your CV
Describe your language proficiency in the following languages (Speaking, Reading comprehension, and Writing); English, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with JD_Governance Lead_[Your name ਜੀ] in the subject line
Candidates are encouraged to apply as early as possible as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com