Website Waste Warriors
About the organization
Waste Warriors is a for-impact solid waste management organization. Our journey began in 2012 in the littered mountains of Dharamshala with just empty bags, some gloves, a few volunteers, and a vision to clean India. Since then, over 400 million tourists have visited the Himalayan states of Uttarakhand and Himachal where we work. There is a dire need to build better waste management systems here to mitigate the impact of waste, especially plastics, in this eco-sensitive region and further downstream into major Indian rivers. We now have over 90+ staff, including formal waste workers, working to build waste management models in urban Dehradun, in the tourist hills of Dharamshala, by the Ganga river in Rishikesh, and in villages around Corbett Tiger Reserve and Govind Wildlife Reserve. We focus on community behavioral change, waste infrastructure development, collaborations with government bodies, and the upliftment and livelihood development of all waste workers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with forming, planning, conducting, and monitoring awareness programs in line with the vision and mission of Waste Warriors.
- Develop and establish relationships with the local establishment, various associations, and local bodies and authorities, including Ward Councilor, Village Pradhan, Municipal Commissioner, Tourism Department, Forest Department, etc.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the rules and regulations pertaining to solid waste management in India.
- Identify, encourage local women to form SHGs to engage in waste collection, operations, and upcycling of waste, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct awareness activities with the local community and tourists.
- Assist with developing effective awareness materials for print and online posts.
- Conduct fund-raising activities and set up canopies in identified tourist areas.
- Collect accurate data and feedback that can be used to evaluate the program and measure its impact.
- 4-10 years of work experience in engaging with government & community stakeholders.
- Bachelors or Masters’s Degree in public policy, development studies, community or social work from premier institutions.
- Should be familiar with tools like BCC, IEC, Focus Group Discussions etc.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- Confident, approachable, and dedicated.
- Ability to navigate through complex socio-political stakeholders.
- Team player who motivates locals, businesses & tourists.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and confidently.
- Good organizational and documentation skills.
- Good written, presentation, and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on your own initiative.
- Ability to relate and communicate to people at all levels.
- Commitment to developing educational materials.
INR 420000 – INR 600000/yr
To apply for this job please visit wastewarriors.skillate.com.