Website Azim Premji Foundation
The Grants Manager manages an area of intervention for the Philanthropyby making grants playing the role of a guide to a set of programme staff who work together at the theme and portfolio level in delivering grants for the Foundation.
The Grants Manager ensures smooth program delivery and aids delivery of the operating plan. The incumbent will have complete accountability for a large programme and multiple grants that ensure the achievement of the stated goal/objectives.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and effective knowledge management within the team to ensure smooth program delivery
- Manage the disbursal of large and high impact grants within the organization in individual capacity. Supplement the research and development of frameworks, models and theories around the operating area. – Initiate relationships with think tanks and civil society organizations in order to further APPI’s understanding of an area
- Ensure compliance of specific grant proposals to ensure that it meets the Philanthropy’s guidelines and requirements, and is a well drafted request, complete in all aspects
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team of the organization in order to agree andensure delivery of grantee organizational development plans, where applicable
Strategic Direction and Theory of Change
- The Grants Manager will contribute significantly in curating strategy and concept notes in a given theme Co-create strategies, outcomes and impact frameworks with partners and external consultants
- Help build the Theory of Change as an orchestrator for strategic and systematic scale up grants
- Assist the Philanthropy (as an orchestrator) in working with the government, ministries and other departments when required
Grant opportunity and disbursement
- Review all completed proposals to ensure that required information has been provided.
- Ensure that the story of the partner organization comes through clearly
- Lead the efforts on the Due Diligence Process and partner engagement
- Help the partner develop results frameworks and ensure that the thinking around the results framework is in keeping with the operating plan
- Conduct meaningful conversations with all grantees that validate their results framework/s forreview and action by the Board – Post approval, provide leadership to working with the finance team and the partners to ensure that the financial resourcesreach them in time
- Ensure compliance to the grant making system at the Philanthropy through the entire lifecycle of a grant.
Program Management and Delivery
- Take charge of all program management activities, start to finish
- Work with the senior management tea,to ensure optimum allocation of work within the team, adherence to timelines, achievement of milestones and take responsibility for corrective action as and when required
- Identify, assess and manage risks arising out of uncertainty of the program strategy, design or delivery
- Manage multiple stakeholders and work closely with them to bring together the program as envisioned by the organization
Learning and Reflection
- Ensure a balance with sometimes competing needs and priorities between the partnerand Philanthropy Develop guidelines for effective reflection, learning and change
- Work on the results from a learning and reflection exercise to create best practices and introduce process improvements
- Report out on learning and reflection at an area level and make sure that the process is beneficial to partnersand the oraganization.
Partner Management, Collaboration, Communication, Due Diligence and Grant Management
Sustained grassroots experience, program implementation, Should have lead teams and have had accountability for large goals in his/her previous assignments, – Grant-making experience strongly preferred; desire to work in and with nonprofit sector is essential
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree strongly preferred
Years Of Exp.:
6 to 15 Years
Bangalore / Jharkhand / Hyderabad
To apply for this job please visit careers.azimpremjifoundation.org.