Website Azim Premji Foundation
About the Philanthropy at Azim Premji Foundation
At the Philanthropy, we make multi-year grants to not-for-profit organisations that work with the most vulnerable in our society. Through such support, people who are deeply disadvantaged and marginalised are offered immediate care, access to essential services, and the possibility of a dignified future.
Our grants support a range of initiatives – for communities of marginalised people, as well as government service delivery systems. Our areas of support include gender justice, children in need of care and protection, persons with disability, urban poor communities, land, water, and forests, nutrition, governance, constitutional values, focused vulnerable geographies, and civil society organisations.
About the role
Migrant and informal sector workers in India face challenges like lack of a collective voice, no access to labour-related social security entitlements and a wide range of labour right violations. We support civil society organisations that work on facilitating safe migration, collectivising workers, improving access to social security and public services, and addressing labour rights violations through mediation and legal aid.
The Grants Manager manages our intervention in this theme by making grants, playing the role of a guide to a set of programme staff who work together at the theme and portfolio level in delivering grants.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and effective knowledge management within the team to ensure smooth program delivery
- Manage the disbursal of large and high-impact grants within the organisation in an individual capacity
- Supplement the research and development of frameworks, models, and theories around the operating area
- Ensure compliance with specific grant proposals to ensure that it meets the organisation’s guidelines and requirements, and are a well-drafted request, complete in all aspects
- Review all completed proposals to ensure that required information has been provided. Ensure that the story of the grantee organisation comes through clearly.
- Lead the efforts on the due diligence process and partner engagement
- Help the partner develop results frameworks and ensure that the thinking around the results framework is in keeping with the operating plan
- Post approval, provide leadership to working with the finance team and the grantees to ensure that the financial resources reach them in time
- Ensure compliance with the grant making system through the entire lifecycle of a grant
- Initiate relationships with think tanks and civil society organisations in order to further the organisation’s understanding of an area
What we are looking for
- Candidates that are passionate about promoting labour rights in India and have grassroots experience in labour rights or related issues
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree desirable
- Should have made significant and long-lasting contributions in his/her area of specialisation
- High level of self-motivation, initiative, and creativity
- Willingness to travel extensively for work
- Substantial knowledge of organisational and project management
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, and solve problems independently or collaboratively a needed
Interested candidates, can apply on our website. To know more about the position write to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit careers.azimpremjifoundation.org.