Website eGovernements Foundation
This is a very critical role with oversight for raising and managing funds from a diversified mix of private and public sources including mass engagement, grant-making private foundations, and bilateral /multilateral donors.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Business Development and Fundraising
- Develop and implement the fundraising strategy in the short and long term, to ensure adequate resourcing for the overall eGov strategy; this includes both India and Global Fundraising.
- Research and secure new funding streams from international & national foundations, HNIs, and multilateral/bilateral funding sources.
- Initiate and coordinate fundraising campaigns and events to maximize new engagement and funding opportunities.
- Lead all funding proposal development and contract processes. Anchor funding proposal development activities, including contributions and inputs from missions and executive-committee.
- Propose, seek input and negotiate funding contracts terms and agreements with donors.
- Ensure all eGov proposal review protocols are completed and in line with gold standards for fundraising.
- Maintain clear communication channels with donors.
- Keep donors updated and engaged on eGov activities by sharing regular updates and organizing field visits periodically for potential donors.
- Network and maintain contact with key donor leads in and relevant staff in donor agencies.
- Support and participate in all Project Accountability Team meetings and ensure that these are set up for all projects implemented by eGov.
Donor Contracts Management
- Ensure effective operational planning and budget setting in line with donor contractual agreements.
- Review all key documentation e.g. plans and budgets, funding agreements, grant reporting documents to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Maintain an effective contract management system, including management of all critical donor contract information and reporting processes.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of a University degree in International Development, Business, Marketing or other related disciplines
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of prior work experience and at least three (3) years should be at the senior management level with responsibility for funding and resource mobilization and/or P&L responsibilities
- Strong marketing and business development competencies
- Experience in designing proposals and securing resourcing under tight completion deadlines.
- Strong understanding and experience in managing grant funding and reporting for key multilateral and bilateral donors including USAID, DFID, EC etc.
- Experience developing donor-specific grant project log frames and reporting tools and applying such tools in reviewing, monitoring and reporting against funder contracts.
- Proven experience developing and reviewing grant funding proposals with evidence of managing the end-to-end processes from proposal development to new grant project start-up.
- Proven experience in building and successfully maintaining strong working relationships with diverse personalities both internally and with external funders
- Experience in working in a matrix management structure
eGov Foundation is a philanthropic mission that exists to improve the ease of living for citizens. Our focus areas are urban, health, sanitation and public finance management. Our mission is to make sure that everyone can access services from their local governments with ease and transparency.
We do this through our core offering DIGIT (Digital Infrastructure for Governance, Impact and Transformation), which is a digital public good. In other words, it is an open, interoperable free-to-use platform that offers solutions for citizens, first mile employees, administrators, commercial players and policy makers. It is made available to the federal government, states & cities for them to create programs and solutions for their contexts, in keeping with the federal structure of urban governance in India. DIGIT is also offered to commercial players, so that they can leverage it to build solutions and deliver programs working with governments. In run-time this translates into states, cities and commercials players using the building blocks from DIGIT to tailor solutions and programs that meet their needs and innovating on top of it to solve emerging problems.
Over the last 18 years, eGov has partnered with more than over 3 countries, 2600 towns and cities in 16 states across India, and more than 16 crore citizens have benefited from its platform.
We offer several things that sets us apart from other opportunities:
- The possibility of having massive societal impact. Our products and platform touches the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
- Solving hard governance and societal challenges.
- Work directly with central and state government leaders and other dignitaries.
- Mentorship from world class people and rich ecosystems.
At eGovernments Foundation, we are committed to creating diversity, equity and inclusion. Therefore, we actively recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.