Website Care India
Head- Partnerships- Corporate & Institutions
Fund Raising Communication and Marketing
Executive Director- Fundraising, Marketing and Communication
CARE, New Delhi
This position is responsible for managing funding and business development activities – identifying and developing funding opportunities, responding to proposals and building new programme partnerships.
S/He will lead work on mapping donor landscape, gathering donor intelligence, developing donor acquisition & engagement strategy, building strong and effective working relationships with donors, lead negotiations related to programme development with Institutional Partncorporate CSR teams in the private sector.
S/He will work proactively with CARE India’s sector teams and other functional units involved in programme development processes to build a robust pipeline to resource CARE India’s programmes in the development and humanitarian action space.
The Fund raising Manager is a responsibility for the implementation of the fund raising strategy of the organisation with focus on business development and donor relationship management. The position includes prospection of donors, making presentations, writing proposals, meeting with donors and prospects, and converting them into regular donors.
The role also involves customer relationship management with donors and growing them into regular givers. The role requires the person to be conversant and leverage all communication and media channels to include digital, offline, online, press relations, events and activation.
To strategise and raise resources for programs in the existing and upcoming areas of endevaour for CARE India.
– To develop a portfolio of Institution and Corporate donors and achieve the revenue target set by the organization.
– Acquiring new partnerships for funding and increase the organisation’s resources as per targets set
– Develop donors through HNI, corporate, Govt, Institutions, Foundations and Trusts
– Ensure effective communication of programs for funding opportunities
– Managing donors, providing regular MIS and reports, and building a strong relationship with them
– Maximising resource generation from corporate donors through project proposals across program areas, events and marketing tie ups
– Collaborating with programme, advocacy, knowledge management and other functions for effective implementation and information exchange
– Knowledge and understanding in concept note development and proposal writing
– Attending conferences, CSR summits and relevant events for networking
– Achieving financial targets
– Research : Research various tenders and grants being floated by organizations and coordinate submission of proposals. Research various Catalyst organisations and register with them. Maintain relations with catalyst/ intermediary organizations
- Working to identify opportunities, develop proposals and build relationships with prospective funders and corporate partners
- Developing and maintaining a pipeline of funder prospects and prospective corporate partners
- Explore, create and manage partnerships with partners (programmatic or otherwise) demonstrating strong alignment with CARE India core work areas
- Work closely with various CARE International confederation partners and managing relationships with them
- Research, identify and plan approaches to potential donorsin the private/public sector, corporates, Ultra High net worth individual and /or any other potentiall segments in alignment with CARE’s core approach
- Prepare a portfolio on key corporate donors – structure, priorities, trends, funding partners etc. and share these with relevant stakeholders within the organisation
- Invest time to meet potential donors and manage key donor relationships, engaging with the donors/ potential donors
- Forecast donor opportunities and maintain a pipeline of potential donor opportunities.
- Raise unrestricted funds from corporates
- Identify new donors and potential consortium partners through networking and other mediums and build a strong donor database
- Develop high quality proposals, in coordination and consultation with Technical teams, relevant cross functional teams and consultants
- Review Project Proposals, Concept Notes, EoI, Letter of Intent and ensure adherence to Donor guidelines before making submissions to donors
- Building and managing executive and management level relationships at corporates (across multiple functions, eg. HR, volunteering, CSR, Access to Health, supply chain etc)
- Managing the business development database (simple CRM)
- Donor engagement during reviews and gather feedbacks
- Conceptualise, support sourcing of panel members and executing events for sourcing and enrolling new donors
- Represent CARE India in networks and forums relevant to CSR
- Participate in Project Inception Workshops
- Liaises with operations team to confirm that all relevant team members are fully briefed on the terms and conditions of donor grant agreements/ contracts, including key deadlines
- Manage a system for maintaining all contacts, information and deadlines for each grant award
- Coordinate process for responding to donor feedback
- Developing a communications program that will lead to deeper and broadened engagement with current and potential corporate partners and donors
- Lead the annual Budgeting process for the unit.
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of appropriate filing system for all relevant documentation (eMails and other correspondence, minutes of meetings, solicitation documents, action plans, proposal documents- draft and final versions, budget, donor feedback, award letters etc.) with regard to solicitations being pursued
- Maintain all documents required for audit purpose and ensure required support is extended during the auditing process
- Review and refine tools and processes to aid proposal development activity in alignment with the corporate requirement
- Produce internal reports (monthly) and conduct reviews (quarterly) on the performance and progress against agreed financial targets, operational activities and annual objectives.
- Update, analyse and maintain oversight of SPA MIS.
- Support and mentor the team
- Ensure maintenance of donor database
- Update quarterly review formats for board presentation
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional development sector background preferred
- Experience in partnerships with multilateral and institutional donors.
- Demonstrated experience in commencing, managing and navigating relationships with Government stakeholders.
- Must have a 15-20 years of work experience in social sector, of which at least 10 years of experience is in fundraising and program development
- Demonstrable experience of securing and/or managing grants.
- Experience of managing oneself and others to deliver financial targets, operational activities and objectives
- Experience of working in account management role and/or project/programme delivery capacity is preferable
Skills & Competencies
• Understanding of the development sector and key players be it corporates, foundations, donor agencies and counterparts.
• Well versed with donor funding trends and priorities
• Strong communication skills – oral and written
• Competitive proposal development and writing experience
• Networking Skills, Negotiation and Coordination skills
• Excellent Inter-personal skills to navigate well internally
• Strong analytical skills – quantitative and qualitative
• Strong logical and lateral thinking
• Strong IT skills including knowledge of excel and creating PowerPoint presentation
• Excellent research skills
• Ability to work in multi-cultural team and with different stake-holders
• Ability to prioritise and be Result-Oriented in approach
• Self – motivated, and team player
To apply for this job please visit careindiacareers.peoplestrong.com.