Website American India Foundation
· Position: HR Officer(DE).
· Program: Digital Equalizer (DE)
· Location: Gurugram
· Nature of Employment: Fixed Term
· Duration: 1 Year
· Reporting to (Dual): Head of Operations (DE) & Sr. Manager HR
· Position Availability: Immediately
The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 9.2 million lives across 29 states of India. Learn more at www.AIF.org.
About the Digital Equalizer (DE) Program:
The project focuses on making adolescents the creators of technology instead of becoming mere consumers through the infusion of 21st-century skills such as problem-solving, computational thinking and innovation. In alignment with NEP 2020, the project aims to build scientific temperament and 21st-century skills in students, especially girls, through coding, gender and career skills and financial literacy. The project will channel essential skills as a path to building girls’ self-confidence and resilience, increasing their access to opportunities, ensuring their equal participation in the labour force, and promoting their empowerment. It will also break the gender stereotypes in the communities. Working with state governments and education departments, the project envisions building the capacity of the key players in the existing education ecosystem to ensure the sustainability of the initiative. The other aspect of the project is to Instill a STEM mindset among students, especially girls, at a very early stage in the education system to dispel biases. The project also envisages building capacity in the government stakeholders such as teachers, HMs, BRC and CRC so that it becomes a sustainable model. Teachers will be equipped to conduct the sessions from year 3 of the intervention.
The HR Officer (DE) will be responsible for activities and initiatives towards all the human resource needs of the Digital Equalizer Program. The incumbent will work closely with the program teams to ensure effective support of the HRM needs of the program (pan-India) and with the central HR team to ensure DE Program’s HR activities & processes are aligned to the org wide Policies and practices.
This role is critical to the success of the Program’s implementation and offers tremendous learning and contributing opportunities for someone who enjoys working with fast growing social impact teams impacting lives at the grass root levels.
Talent Acquisition :
· Participate in the forecasting and staffing planning with the Head of Operations.
· Responsible for conducting and managing end-to-end recruitment process for the DE program, in close coordination with Head of Operations & respective project leads / regional managers for all vacancies in the program.
· Prepare the recruitment plan and manage TATs.
· Track and timely report recruitment MIS and Dashboard updates w.r.t DE program.
· Provide support in writing job descriptions , including designing of structures, framing of responsibilities, nomenclatures and Title management alongside org-wide HR practices.
· Design & implement systems and processes to maintain records of end-to-end recruitment activities and collaterals for vacancies in the Digital Equalizer Program.
· Collaborate with central HR to build a talent pipeline for niche vacancies.
ERP and Human Resource Information Systems:
· Maintain smooth running of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS Database) and filing systems (physical + digital).
· Maintain up-to-date job descriptions library.
· Ensure all the details of consultant & staff personal files are updated in a central repository, monthly.
· Support the development and implementation of HR modules for the ERP Implementation & adoption, SOPs and SLAs.
· Contract management of all the DE team members (new and existing).
· Manage the complete life-cycle and HR Operations from onboarding and probation management to exits for all DE team members. Ensure compliance to internal org wide HR practices as well as statutory compliances in this regard.
· Collate & maintain up-to-date Insurance data on monthly basis for all consultants & staff under the Digital Equalizer program.
· Provide administrative support for ID cards & visiting cards and email ID creations for consultants & staff under the Digital Equalizer program.
· Support the Central HR team in managing the life cycle of employees from induction, probation, confirmation, annual appraisals, learning & development, and contract renewals to separation.
· Work closely with the program team for the timely and effective completion of performance appraisals of DE team members.
· Assess and fulfill training and career development processes and needs by working in close coordination with central HR and DE leadership.
· Develop & maintain Employee Engagement calendar for the year including Staff retreat & Rewards and Recognition for DE program.
· Troubleshoot, counsel and sensitize DE teams on Org-wide HR policies and procedures.
· Support the development and implementation of new HR initiatives and systems such as HR Policy Manual, HR surveys, Board Updates on HR metrics, GPTW support etc, on need basis.
Compliance : Laws & AIFT’s regulations
· Report all consultant & staff relation matters to Sr. Manager – HR.
· Ensure legal / statutory compliance across Digital Equalizer Program w.r.t labour laws & amendments.
· Ensure legal / statutory compliance across Digital Equalizer Program w.r.t HR policies & practices w.r.t ASH, Child Protection, Anti-bribery, Anti-corruption, Grievance redressals , Whistleblowing and any other policies in close coordination with the HR team.
· Support the team for disciplinary and Grievance issues acting as the first point of contact for any consultant /staff grievance coming across under the Digital Equalizer Program in close coordination with the Head of Operation & Sr HR Manager.
· Master’s degree in Human Resource Development/Management /Industrial Relations from a reputed university/ institute.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working in a reputed International NGO handling Programmatic HR Operations.
· Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
· Must have proven experience with relevant laws, policies and procedures.
· Good relationship-building skills, including the ability to motivate staff effectively.
· Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with demonstrable ability to lead influence and motivate others.
· Excellent communication skills and abilities, self-confidence, energy and a strong spirit.
· Good Communication Skills.
· Ability to plan and organize a substantial workload that includes complex diverse tasks and responsibilities.
· Ability to work in dynamic and complex business environments with fast changing needs.
· Sets and maintains high standards of performance for self and effectively encourages other staff to do so.
This job description is not incorporated into the employment contract. It is intended as a guide and should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may be varied from time to time in light of strategic development following discussions with the post holder.
The post holder would be expected to work to agreed objectives that should facilitate achievements of the key responsibilities in accordance with the performance review process.
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing your suitability for the role at email@example.com with the subject line “HR Officer (DE)”.
Deadline for applications: 19th August 2022
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org