Website Magic Bus
About the job
Founded in 1999, Magic Bus works with children and young people living in poverty, in India, taking them from a childhood full of challenges to a life with meaningful livelihoods. We equip children and young people in the age group of 12 to 18, with the skills and knowledge they need to grow up and move out of poverty. Children on the Magic Bus programme successfully fend off destabilizers such as child marriage and child labour to complete school and become first-generation salary earners having secure careers in the organised sector.
Our youth-centered Livelihoods Programme connects the aspirations and potential of young people to available market opportunities. We build their employability skills and map job potential based on individual strengths and mobility. We work with support structures like parents, teachers, the community at large and local government institutions to ensure social, emotional and economic well-being for all young people living in that area. Our approach mobilises the entire ecosystem available to the child or young person to create transformational change in their lives.
Magic Bus seeks the services of an Institutional Partnership professional, who will be responsible for supporting it to achieve the ambitious target of resource mobilization and outreach. We’re looking for someone who is committed to helping achieve the income requirements, who has a proven eye for detail, an analytical nature and a flair for writing successful proposals. This role requires the ability to react and respond creatively to the operational and financial needs of Magic Bus.
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Prospect research to ensure a regular and reliable pipeline of new prospects, developing grant proposals, whilst also leveraging existing relationships.
- Identify potential new institutional donors, and support the management leadership in raising resources for MB’s programs across the country.
- Negotiates and writes winning proposal and facilitate fund raising efforts
- Develops and maintains a project management system to provide regular feedback and to ensure timely completion of project deliverables.
- Regular tracking of progress, financial utilization and reporting as per grant letters and prepare reports.
- Responds to reporting requests from donors and management including preparation of data analysis.
- Take charge of a few (2 – 4) important grants as the grants anchor and ensure deliver working closely with the team.
- Proactively identify, Liaise and engage to ensure all external stakeholders and appropriate platforms for representing Magic Bus are leveraged.
- Excellent understanding of the social development sector, reflected through work undertaken in the sector on diverse issues and at varying levels, including institutional grant management
- Must have a proven track record of raising significant funds from charitable foundations.
- Programme management experience and skills as well as substantive concept to programme implementation experience, preferably at the grassroots.
- Oriented to facilitate evidence building and community engagement to ensure programmes are responsive to evidence and emerging needs.
- Proven ability to develop and write high quality proposals, narrative reports based on quantitative and qualitative results
- Ability to mentor and facilitate learning among team members
- Proven ability to manage complex internal and external relationships
Qualification & Work experience
- Post Graduate in Social work or other social sciences relevant to the development sector
- 8-18 years’ experience in the social development sector
- Experience reflects engagement with diverse sectoral issues, especially on education, adolescent empowerment and rural development
- Director, Impact and the Impact team – To find ways to represent and communicate results/ outcomes as well as support and contribute to the effective creation of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the Magic Bus.
- Programme Operation team – To coordinate with operations team to understand the gaps, design the concept and proposal for sustainance of projects.
- Communications Team – To develop effective channel for internal as well as external communications, milestones achieved, success stories etc.
- Other support functions – to ensure adequate manpower, fund allocation & accuracy, technology enablement are in place.
To Director – Institutional Partnership
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.