Website CEEW - Council on Energy, Environment and Water
The Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) is one of South Asia’s leading not-for-profit policy research institutions. The Council uses data, integrated analysis, and strategic outreach to explain – and change – the use, reuse, and misuse of resources. The Council addresses pressing global challenges through an integrated and internationally focused approach. It prides itself on the independence of its high-quality research, develops partnerships with public and private institutions, and engages with the wider public.
In 2019, CEEW once again featured extensively across nine categories in the 2018 Global Go To Think Tank Index Report, including being ranked as South Asia’s top think tank (15 th globally) with an annual operating budget of less than USD 5 million for the sixth year in a row. CEEW has also been ranked as South Asia’s top energy and resource policy think tank in these rankings. In 2016, CEEW was ranked 2nd in India, 4 th outside Europe and North America, and 20 th globally out of 240 think tanks as per the ICCG Climate Think Tank’s standardised rankings.
In nine years of operations , The Council has engaged in over 230 research projects, published over 160 peer-reviewed books, policy reports and papers, advised governments around the world nearly 530 times, engaged with industry to encourage investments in clean technologies and improve efficiency in resource use, promoted bilateral and multilateral initiatives between governments on 80 occasions, helped state governments with water and irrigation reforms, and organised nearly 300 seminars and conferences.
The Council’s major projects on energy policy include India’s largest multidimensional energy access survey (ACCESS); the first independent assessment of India’s solar mission; the Clean Energy Access Network (CLEAN) of hundreds of decentralised clean energy firms; the CEEW Centre for Energy Finance; India’s green industrial policy; the USD 125 million India-U.S. Joint Clean Energy R&D Centers; developing the strategy for and supporting activities related to the International Solar Alliance; designing the Common Risk Mitigation Mechanism (CRMM); modelling long-term energy scenarios; energy subsidies reform; energy storage technologies; India’s 2030 Renewable Energy Roadmap; energy efficiency measures for MSMEs; clean energy subsidies (for the Rio+20 Summit); Energy Horizons; clean energy innovations for rural economies; community energy; scaling up rooftop solar; and renewable energy jobs, finance and skills.
The Council’s major projects on climate, environment and resource security include advising and contributing to climate negotiations in Paris (COP-21), especially on the formulating guidelines of the Paris Agreement rule-book; pathways for achieving Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and mid-century strategies for decarbonisation; assessing global climate risks; heat-health action plans for Indian cities; assessing India’s adaptation gap; low-carbon rural development; environmental clearances; modelling HFC emissions; the business case for phasing down HFCs; assessing India’s critical minerals; geoengineering governance; climate finance; nuclear power and low-carbon pathways; electric rail transport; monitoring air quality; the business case for energy efficiency and emissions reductions; India’s first report on global governance, submitted to the National Security Adviser; foreign policy implications for resource security; India’s power sector reforms; zero budget natural farming; resource nexus, and strategic industries and technologies; and the Maharashtra-Guangdong partnership on sustainability.
The Council’s major projects on water governance and security include the 584-page National Water Resources Framework Study for India’s 12 th Five Year Plan; irrigation reform for Bihar; Swachh Bharat; supporting India’s National Water Mission; collective action for water security; mapping India’s traditional water bodies; modelling water-energy nexus; circular economy of water; participatory irrigation management in South Asia; domestic water conflicts; modelling decision making at the basin-level; rainwater harvesting; and multi-stakeholder initiatives for urban water management.
Terms of Reference
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart ambitious people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Head – Finance
CEEW seeks to hire an Information Technology Manager to look after the smooth functioning of its end-to-end IT operations. The person should demonstrate an advanced level of IT expertise, innovation and leadership orientation. The role-holder will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the infrastructure and network requirements for CEEW across locations. She/He should also be aware of the best practices of the industry as well as have the ability to strategically plan to keep the organisation “ahead of the curve” in its IT roadmap and architecture. Also, given the current scenario, reasonable expertise in various virtual engagement platforms to host CEEW’s strategic meeting and events will also be important for the role-holder.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
Infrastructure and network administration and management
- Define network policies and procedures
- Fully support, configure, maintain and enhance CEEW’s networks
- Supervise the installation and integrate new server hardware and applications
- Supervise the smooth functioning of new user accounts set up, permissions and passwords
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security
- Ensure operating system updates, patches and configuration changes
- Ensure technical support for LAN, wireless LAN, PCs, network printers, webinars/virtual meetings
- Support and troubleshoot Windows and Microsoft Office and other authorized desktop applications
- Maintain infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Expertise in configuration and management of Apple products
- Remote administration using VNC and remote desktop tools
IT management Institutional responsibilities
- Define IT policies and procedures
- Lead the ERP (Zoho) implementation for the organisation, under the supervision of Head, Finance.
- Understanding the functioning, features, best practices of various virtual platforms to be able to conduct key meetings and webinars effectively; Being able to project manage, test-pilot and lead these events effectively from an IT perspective; Anticipate and trouble-shoot issues successfully
- Lead the assessment of IT assets such as laptop requirements, equipment and ensuring quality across IT/ IT-related products in the procurement process.
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Manage inventory of all IT equipment assigned to staff; Tagging and physical verification of IT equipment on regular basis
- Manage Cyberoam efficiently and provide feedback
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and innovations for adoption
- Ensure all required documentation and information for IT audits
- Manage CCTV, Biometric devices and Epabx system
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operatios
- Lead special initiatives and projects, related to IT or institutional priorities, as and when defined by the CEO
- Be the administrative lead for 1-2 CEEW initiatives, related to Processes
- Defining project plans and timelines
- Spearheading, communicating and coordinating across teams
- Driving on-the-ground implementation
- Providing a ‘bird eye’s view’ to the CEO as well as Board members, if required
- Communicate information around IT systems, policies and procedures to the CEEW team, pro-actively and effectively
- Display customer service orientation across teams; Resolve all IT-related queries and issues arising from staff
- Partner with outreach (communications) team extensively to deliver on virtual events and meetings
- Provide succinct updates to the Leadership Group and Operations team (as and when required) across IT aspects
- Plan and provide relevant IT trainings to staff on a periodic basis (e.g. Zoho from a systems perspective)
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject from a recognised university
- Trained in computer hardware, networking and troubleshooting
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experiences in the field of computer hardware and software, trouble shooting, networking and data management
- Previous experience in working with donor funded projects, if preferable but not necessary
- Technical skills are essential especially in MS Office, Adobe reader/writer, Installation of Tally, Macbook troubleshooting etc.
- Previous experience with Webex platforms
- Knowledge of coding language will be an added advantage
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of office infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Ability to set up and configure hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Project management acumen with an ability to actively listen and “close the loop”
- Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer, and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.
To apply for this job please visit ceew.zohorecruit.in.